Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

No more cassettes. :zombie:

As much as it has been a glorious summer of Kylie, I still haven't purchased this. It will keep until they bung out an enticing reissue or it is going cheap.

No, I'm embracing the modern way and haven't bought it either.

I'm NOT here for the cassette revival.

I love my vinyl but increasingly those fuckers don't include mp3 download cards.

I'm an old fusspot so I bought the 2CD. I'm not sure I've played the mostly PWL disc yet mind you.

Six songs from her Magic gig at the tiny Omeara, where @Sheena saw the Nanas not so long ago...

All The Lovers and Dancing seem to have been particularly lively.

Despite climbing to #14 in the midweeks, the album ended up at #21. Hopefully it managed to shift that 3k to go silver.

I just hope the fact that it must have tailed off pretty significantly in the second half of the week after the presumed Brighton Pride sales spike doesn't mean it's going into freefall now.

Do the midweeks have any streaming figures in them?

I ask because that Katrin Polwark (sp?) album was #6 midweek, finished at #34 but is #6 on sales.

Do the midweeks have any streaming figures in them?

I ask because that Katrin Polwark (sp?) album was #6 midweek, finished at #34 but is #6 on sales.

Quite the plummet there. I think there is usually one day of streaming missing.

Unless they’ve sorted it out, sometimes the midweeks are missing Spotify data entirely? Which is obviously to the detriment of some artists like Kylie.

I think there is always SOME data missing, isn't there? Sometimes there seems to be more than others though.

@Robbie's post on ukmix had this in the Monday midweek post

Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Sunday) and Amazon Music (all week)

That makes sense - the midweeks seem quite accurate when set against the sales chart these days but add streaming and the whole thing goes to cock.

The way this campaign is going, if Kylie's management are on it, I want to see some sort of BIG PERF MEDLEY on BGT, X Factor or over Christmas for this album - a bit like her old TOTP Xmas day medley

Quite the drop this week

1-2-4-12-18-21-39

Sales only

1-1-3-8-8-9-12

Now officially certified silver, though.

According to radiotimes.com

So, although not confirmed, we’d advise getting your rhinestones ready for a 7th September start.

Quite the drop this week

1-2-4-12-18-21-39

Sales only

1-1-3-8-8-9-12

Now officially certified silver, though.

I fucking hate what streaming has done to the album charts. It makes sense for the singles chart but not the albums. They need to increase the number of songs that constitute an album "sale".

1-2-4-12-18-21-39-51-61

Sales only

1-1-3-8-8-9-12-19-18

Looks like it may well drop out of the chart before the Strictly show.

Last edited:
1-2-4-12-18-21-39-51-61

Sales only

1-1-3-8-8-9-12-19-18

Looks like it may well drop out of the chart before the Strictly show.

Are we hoping for a return to the top 10 after the Strictly show?

I mean I know it's not exactly BBC Breakfast in terms of promo, but it should give it a good boost :disco:

I don’t think so.

The main issue being there are still restrictions on how much you can directly promote a commercial product on the BBC.

I don’t think so.

The main issue being there are still restrictions on how much you can directly promote a commercial product on the BBC.

I thought that was about commercial products that the BBC has some interest in, like The Voice winners. I mean you could say your new album was out on TOTP couldn’t you?

1-2-4-12-18-21-39-51-61-78

Sales only

1-1-3-8-8-9-12-19-18-26

Out of the top 75 this week, ahead of SCD this evening.

I guess the sales is probably the most important thing? Even though actual sales these days are dire, that's a pretty solid run, and should hopefully see a nice boost this week (perhaps back to the top 10 on sales, and potentially top 20/30 on overall?)

All The Lovers back at #121 on iTunes. That must be about two dozen sales.

Thank the Lord for Kylie. You’ll never see HER being displeasing in interviews and stealing babies from the womb :disco:

*starts saying cunt in interviews and stealing babies from the womb*

:D at PUBLIC HIT

Because it’s relatively subtle I often forget about it even though it was her last proper public hit, but whenever I hear it, it’s always OH WOW time :disco:

1-2-4-12-18-21-39-51-61-78-46

Sales only

1-1-3-8-8-9-12-19-18-26-16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom