Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

Oh actually, think about that for a minute, that could be INCREDIBLE... :D

Where do I download things illegally these days? I've got Soulseek but can't find this on there and I've bought the vinyl, but it doesn't have a download code, and I want it on my gym playlist on my Apple Watch so not just through streaming.

OH BEING OLD IS SO CONFUSING :(

Ta guys, will have a little compare session now.

I actually really like A Hundred Years Of Winter, the standout to me aside from The Slightest Touch. I’d be quite happy with TST getting full treatment in October and then the former as an Xmas/tour single to wrap up the year.

Thinking about Steps appropriate MF classics was Kalla nätter confirmed to have an English version?

Ta guys, will have a little compare session now.

I actually really like A Hundred Years Of Winter, the standout to me aside from The Slightest Touch. I’d be quite happy with TST getting full treatment in October and then the former as an Xmas/tour single to wrap up the year.

A Hundred Years of Winter is the best of the new songs I agree. It would presumably need quite a hefty edit for single release, and there are a lot of H vocals for any tv performances (I guess they may not be even on the cards). If they skip The Slightest Touch it would be ridiculous though.

It is kind of odd how H wasn't on the last album much at all but it feels like he is much more prominent on this.

Anyway, I have come round to most of the album now. Wasted Tears is rather good in both versions and Living in a Lie is marvellous. A Million Years is passable but I think would have suited more Faye rather than Claire in restrained mode. Kiss of Life is a nice basic dance number, and feels like it could have come from the Tears on the Dancefloor album.

I'm still wondering if they really intended Victorious to sound like THAT!?! I guess vocally it is fine. I think High is my least favourite thing on the last three albums - Hold My Heart was boring but this one rubs me up the wrong way, especially the 'can't do much more, putting my best foot forward' bits (sorry Queen Faye).

I think we should get to thinking about which MF songs they should cover next. A few delicious options HERE :disco:

Actually I didn’t know that G:son worked on ‘Wild Child’. In any case I vote ON TOP OF THE WORLD :disco:

Scandi-adjacent but I'd give an ARM and a HALF for a Steps version of High On Love :disco: :disco: :disco:

Claire letting RIP on during the last minute.

I've said it many times before, but Party Voice was MADE for them if they're going down the Jessica Andersson route.

Just continue mining Andra Chansen 2011*

*does not include Sara Varga and The Moniker

Rockin' The Ride with Lisa having a go at "I was born 7 million years ago, in Cardiff, Wales :D

A Steps version of Stay The Night would be something else

Claire fog horning STAY STAY STAAAAY THE NIIIIGHT is something I need to hear

Spotify doesn’t have all the songs I want on my gym playlist. Believe me, I’ve looked into this.
If you have the songs on your computer, you can 'add local files' using Spotify then make a playlist of them, which will then sync to Spotify on your phone (as long as both your phone and computer are on the same wi-fi). You can then download that playlist onto your phone and listen to it anywhere - a bit of a faff, but it's honestly life-changing once you do it :disco:

They’re performing two songs on This Morning tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Well my exclusive bundle of signed CDs with recorded messages from each Step have arrived and what a treat. I've decided that my favourite is FAYE. No deluxe presentation box though (I assume this is owing to BARCODE ISSUES) so the grandchildren will just have to get a CD each when the Lord comes to take me, with the H CD obviously going to the one I LOVE LEAST :disco:

Honestly what a completely pointless waste of £28.00 (inc. P&P) :disco:

I am genuinely excited about their being SIGNED though :disco:

I was amused to see the emailed acknowledgement of my order for FIVE SIGNED CDS broken down into PRICE PER CD i.e. FOUR POUNDS EACH :disco:

Every (VERY INDIVIDUAL) sale counts when you are trying to scam those first week sales.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Every (VERY INDIVIDUAL) sale counts when you are trying to scam those first week sales.
:D, especially at SCAM

Even though I would have liked a STUNNING PRESENTATION BOX in which to keep my precious signed CDs, I'm not going to begrudge them such a shameless attempt to get that rightful #1 :disco:

The Manic Street Preachers can CUNT OFF. I only liked 'Motorcycle Emptiness' anyway :evil:

And like a CLOWN I’ve just bought the signed vinyl.

TBH I’d only bought the Faye CD so I’ve been POSITIVELY RESTRAINED this time!

I think we should discuss whose signature we like best. Claire's is quite extravagant and swirly but I think I like Faye's most of all, not least because there's a lovely heart just above it :disco:

Lisa's also features a heart and I'm amused by the BLATES DROPPED ON HEAD AS AN INFANT vibe of the picture of her inside the glossy gatefold cover :disco:

All of this silly bundle worth every penny, I've now decided :disco:

Just realised that “Their one number one album was in the late nineties, and their last two albums peaked at No.2” applies to both acts :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom