Taylor Swift - King Of My Heart

jivafox

the bitch
Pronouns
he/him

It's become one of my favourites from Reputation recently. So 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝔂.

I had a little Reputation Resurgence too 💅 this one is one of the best. But not one of the best. I fancy doing a little @Suedey™-rankette. Bear with...

I keep comparing artists to Madonna, but public image/backlash wise, Reputation kind of feels like her Erotica. It was a decade into her career and had significant backlash. It also works with lover as her Bedtime Stories, and Evermore/Folklore as her Ray of Light (sorry @Suedey)

As for this song, I had to listen to remind myself, but it’s a case of the verses being stronger than the chorus

Pop Taylor did not die for this kind of commemoration.

I keep comparing artists to Madonna, but public image/backlash wise, Reputation kind of feels like her Erotica. It was a decade into her career and had significant backlash. It also works with lover as her Bedtime Stories, and Evermore/Folklore as her Ray of Light (sorry @Suedey)
7IPa.gif

I believe you deserve to be cancelled for this. you know, like Erotica era Madonna.

I believe you deserve to be cancelled for this. you know, like Erotica era Madonna.
Madonna has never been and will never be cancelled and TayTay agrees and let's stop pitting strong independent females against each other plz.

x36.gif

Anyway this song is a bit shit

It's... nice, I'll say that. "Call it What You Want" and "So it Goes..." are my deep cuts of choice off of Reputation.

Getaway Car is THE ESSENTIAL SMASH HIT (that never was) off REP.

I'm also very partial to brazen Take Me to Church knock-off Don't Blame Me :disco:

1. Getaway Car
2. New Year's Day
3. Dress
---
4. Delicate
5. King of My Heart
6. ...Ready For It
7. Don't Blame Me
8. Look What You Made Me Do
9. So it Goes...
---
10. Gorgeous
11. This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
---
12. Endgame
13. Call It What You Want
14. Dancing With Our Hands Tied
15. I Did Something Bad

And that is OFFICIAL

01 Getaway Car
02 Delicate
03 New Year's Day
04 Don't Blame Me

05 Gorgeous
06 ...Ready For It
07 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

08 King of My Heart
09 Dancing With Our Hands Tied

the rest I honestly can't rank / remember. great EP, beautiful EP.

Comparing Reputation with Erotica? Really? One was iconic, the other was... not. The only song I kept from this era is Getaway Car. And maybe Look What You Made Me Do when I'm feeling like a cunt.

01 Getaway Car
02 Delicate
03 New Year's Day
04 Don't Blame Me

05 Gorgeous
06 ...Ready For It
07 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

08 King of My Heart
09 Dancing With Our Hands Tied

the rest I honestly can't rank / remember. great EP, beautiful EP.
:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom