The Funky Friday Afterparty - "The Armada Of Groove" Friday 16.10.20 **8.15PM**

ok i've BEGUN

Are the pre-new album highlights chronological funks?

Bless you @Tisch but GET THAT OUT MY THREAD
Get outta my THREAD
Way outta my THREAD

1c371a8d0eeda807_Picture_7.preview.jpg

Reactions: COB
god I haven't been this exhausted since the Cooper test in school

BY THE WAY

the playlists are slightly out of sync but I did my best...

Now this one I know, of course! It's great, but I think it did make me kinda dismiss GA as purely a chill out sort of act which wasn't really my thing at the time...

1. At The River

from the albums "Northern Star" and "Vertigo"

so important to them they had to include it on their first 2 albums

Probably their most famous tune. Despite the chillout notes, it gets the warmest reaction at the gigs. And an Ibiza staple for 20 years.

Now this one I know, of course! It's great, but I think it did make me kinda dismiss GA as purely a chill out sort of act which wasn't really my thing at the time...

they started out that way for the most part.

Reactions: COB
At the River is soothing my soul. I vaguely know it, but wouldn't have known it was them necessarily. I think that might be a pattern with some of these

I really love 'At The River'. I realise that describing things as 'sultry' on moopy can sometimes lead to mockery, but that is exactly what it is.

2. If Everybody Looked The Same

and now for something completely different... their first real 'single' and also quite well known because it's been used EVERYWHERE...

I'm drinking a PORT WINE with this but I think I should've gone for more of an UPPER

The bit where the PIANO comes in is so delicious!

I'm drinking a PORT WINE with this but I think I should've gone for more of an UPPER

The bit where the PIANO comes in is so delicious!

this ENTIRE playlist is filled with PIANO MOMENTS :disco:

I say finish the wine and get the poppers out

Piano house is just the greatest and most joyful thing of all time

other than being DICKED

I have decided that the delay was a good thing as it means that my beer is now properly cold.

HERE NOW. Thought I should go check in on my key worker which ended up with me making him a cup of tea. :eyes:

Was that Neville from Trollied in the IELTS video?

3. My Friend

From the 3rd album "Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub" was the first major foray into different dance sounds, although they did retain their laid back charm as evidenced on this Brandy-sampling single.

Another GA track that has had a third life repping for car commercials, soccer recaps and high street clothes shop playlists.... and yet somehow it remains AMAZING

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom