The HOTLY ANTICIPATED 2022 Christmas Number One thread

While we're anxiously awaiting news of this year's LadBaby smash, did anyone here go to see them on their BOOK TOUR? :disco:

The face of hyper-basic heterosexuality at its most DANK AND HORRIFYING :shock:

Apparently Peter Crouch has done a charity Christmas thing with Paul Potts ''Crouchy Conducts The Classics', with all profits going to Stonewall to tackle oppression in Qatar :o

The worst LadBaby crime was them denying THIS the Christmas #1 a couple of years ago :evil:

Luke Evans is going against his community and has recorded an album of MUM COVERS. The TV ad I was subjected to this morning features many hilarious shots of him looking forlornly out of a window and him looking forlornly behind a curtain.

shareImage_song.jpg

I'm not going to buy Louise on
The worst LadBaby crime was them denying THIS the Christmas #1 a couple of years ago :evil:

That's totally forgotten by the vast majority of people though, isn't it? It became #1 anyway, and only one of those songs is being streamed tens of millions of times annually.

I love how Cliff has never hidden his desperation for a hit.

Now, any sign of a STRING VEST in his 2023 calendar? :horny:

Your temporarily stuck record is still in a foul and ugly temper about LadBaby so if anyone can illuminate me as to why exactly SAUSAGE ROLLS are considered to be Christmassy, I would appreciate it :)

Why does nobody CARE anymore? We should release a Moopy cover of Marys Boy Child and REACH FOR THE STARS.

Last edited:
Why does nobody CARE anymore? They are should release a Moopy cover of Marys Boy Child and REACH FOR THE STARS.
I still largely blame SIMON COWELL for destroying the Christmas #1 race.

It is depressing that the only race now seems to be between Ladbaby shite that nobody can remember by December 27th, or Mariah/Wham/Pogues etc.

Why can't we have some NEW Christmas bangers that people will want to play every year?

Last edited:

It is depressing that the only race now seems to be between Ladbaby shite that nobody can remember by December 27th, or Mariah/Wham/Poges etc.

Why can't we have some NEW Christmas bangers that people will want to play every year?
I hear that our very own @Jocasta Clun has signed with HANSA INTERNATIONAL and will be releasing TINSEL TITTIES any day now :disco:

UP YOURS LADBABY!

I remember being young and the Christmas #1 meaning something

FD26EF05-50ED-4D77-9E0F-AB7C38187E5B.png

I see that grubby Tom Grennan has covered Driving Home For Christmas as some sort of Spotify singles thing. Presumably that will get a pimp slot in their playlists and be huge.

I wonder who amazon are foisting on us this year?

The Kunts are going with "Fuck The Tories". I feel like Kunt has run his course with this tho' and he won't trouble the charts this time. "Prince Andrew Is A Sweaty Nonce" reached #20 but there were a few dirty tricks, like the YouTube channel being pulled and one of the versions somehow selling nothing.

At least we all have the novelty of The King’s Speech to look forward to after a year of shocking upset and torment :disco:

And indeed CHART POSITIONS meaning something :(

Never mind, I’ve got my crayons and colouring book to occupy my mind these days :disco:
Oh the THRILL of it all if there was a new GUINNESS BOOK OF BRITISH HIT SINGLES for Christmas released that year! I'd lock myself in my bedroom and not come out until the clocks went forward.

I'd probably have lost my cherry years before had the charts not been so exciting.

It is depressing that the only race now seems to be between Ladbaby shite that nobody can remember by December 27th, or Mariah/Wham/Pogues etc.

I agree one million percent. Cowell ruined the market by hogging the Christmas number one for so many years with shit covers.

I do wonder WHY bigger acts don’t release new Christmas songs? I know acts don’t make money from singles any more but they would make the chart each year forevermore. Leona is the last big one I can remember over the past few years.

The Kunts are going with "Fuck The Tories". I feel like Kunt has run his course with this tho' and he won't trouble the charts this time. "Prince Andrew Is A Sweaty Nonce" reached #20 but there were a few dirty tricks, like the YouTube channel being pulled and one of the versions somehow selling nothing.
How do they pronounce the name on the chart rundown, if indeed they even bother with such things DE NOS JOURS? “The K…”? “The K Unts?”

Leona and Kelly Clarkson are the only two which come immediately to mind for me.

Well we’ll be getting Band Aid 40 in two years.
This will totally be a matter of WELL, I DON’T KNOW WHO THE FUCK THAT IS for me when it comes to the line-up and what’s more, I don’t care. Although I know we’ll all be crying out for Ed Sheeran :disco:

Leona and Kelly Clarkson are the only two which come immediately to mind for me.
And they are both about to hit their 10th annual outing, aren't they? Are there really no more shaping up to be festive staples?

Loads of big acts have released new Christmas singles in recent years. Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran immediately come to mind. They generally do well-ish in the first year and come back as minor hits towards the end of the standard Christmas playlists. With the exception of Sheeran last year, they don't really compete for Christmas number one and I'll be very interested to see how his song does this year.

This will totally be a matter of WELL, I DON’T KNOW WHO THE FUCK THAT IS for me when it comes to the line-up and what’s more, I don’t care. Although I know we’ll all be crying out for Ed Sheeran :disco:

BAND AID 40 with Tommy Pickles, Justin Arson, Rebecca and Emily Chippanfire and The Kunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom