The Queen DEAD...Tired

Will they pull the extra holiday if she croaks first? I'm on for double time that day so she'd better not peg it first.

Maybe @Peekaboo has some insight, but I assume Eurovision would just straight up not show live on any channel, as it'd be wall-to-wall mourning.

(Sorry not sorry about making her death all about Eurovision but y'know, PRIORITIES)

I hope it's Saturday rather than Friday - if it's Friday, they might cancel The News Quiz.

Maybe @Peekaboo has some insight, but I assume Eurovision would just straight up not show live on any channel, as it'd be wall-to-wall mourning.

(Sorry not sorry about making her death all about Eurovision but y'know, PRIORITIES)
I feel like they could get round it with iPlayer.

But then WHAT WOULD I PREFER TO WATCH?

The amount of time I WASTE at work discussing possible permutations of this bitch dying is STAGGERING. Funnily enough Eurovision hasn't come up yet in them, but I'm sure it will this week at some point :manson:

The amount of time I WASTE at work discussing possible permutations of this bitch dying is STAGGERING. Funnily enough Eurovision hasn't come up yet in them, but I'm sure it will this week at some point :manson:
I literally want to hear all of them.

I’m sure it wouldn’t be on any UK channels, but we should be able to watch it on foreign stations. It’s a big story, but surely it wouldn’t entirely cancel the show and no one outside the UK will sit still for multiple days of tributes.

I’m sure it wouldn’t be on any UK channels, but we should be able to watch it on foreign stations. It’s a big story, but surely it wouldn’t entirely cancel the show and no one outside the UK will sit still for multiple days of tributes.
I'm sure plenty of countries would break with the news, but not take Eurovision off air entirely.

If she died mid-show, would they let Sam Ryder go on, or withdraw straight away out of RESPECT?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

I literally want to hear all of them.
I'm afraid I'm not at LIBERTY to disclose FULL PLANS but essentially it's like playing TOP TRUMPS with the news, eg: what if she dies and there's an earthquake in Peru? In Paris? In Portsmouth? A terrorist attack in Peru/Paris/Portsmouth? A general election etc. What if David Attenborough dies at the same time?

I obviously don't have DIRECT CONTACT with the Palace but when Prince Philip was close to snuffing it we had SEVERAL REMINDERS of procedures and DRY RUNS which haven't happened for her (so far) so I'm SENSING Eurovision is safe.

What is it you do?

Who here would be actually UPSET if she died? I mean obviously it’s a life ending but she means nothing to me and we ALL know she had Lady Di violently murdered :)

Who here would be actually UPSET if she died? I mean obviously it’s a life ending but she means nothing to me and we ALL know she had Lady Di violently murdered :)

Can anyone really be upset about the death of a 96 year old they've never met who lived in luxury all her life?

I'll put my sincere hat on for a minute. Although Diana was obviously a giant shock and we're all expecting the Queen soon, she has been such a staple of all of our lives, whether you like it or not. So for me, briefly upset, but I imagine a sense of melancholy for a while, which will fade into utter boredom, until the star studded funeral.

I'll put my sincere hat on for a minute. Although Diana was obviously a giant shock and we're all expecting the Queen soon, she has been such a staple of all of our lives, whether you like it or not. So for me, briefly upset, but I imagine a sense of melancholy for a while, which will fade into utter boredom, until the star studded funeral.
It’s true that she has always been around* and therefore constantly hovers in the back of our awareness

*Like Woolworths was, or WHSmith still (inexplicably) is

On the Eurovision front, I doubt that they would not broadcast the World Cup Final it she were to cark it but then some people inexplicably regard the Eurovision as not carrying that sort of weight :shock:

Christ, imagine having to have Boris Johnson leading the public mourning. No wonder she's clinging on by the mitochondria.

And what will be the accompanying theme tune? It's neither a The Witch is Dead or Candle in the World moment.

@Peekaboo did the coverage for Philip calm down as a result of everyone started complaining about it?
I don't work in News I should add! But a lot of internal discussions around how they perhaps overdid it were had.

I think the pomp and circumstance will absolutely not be turned down where expected, eg news, funeral coverage, main channels, international channels. But they seem to be keen to avoid the "Radio One coming off a dance breakdown to tell listeners your monarch has passed away" moments. Particularly in areas where there's more of an international focus rather than UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom