Thomas G:son appreciation thread

This has proven to be quite the enduring favourite EN LO DE SU - I mean God, so much more so than the usual Spanish slops; Pastora excepted OBVIOUSLY - even if poor Brequette looks like she's trying to keep a thick poo in :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we ever establish whether Mr G:son is a homosexualist? I know these Swedes always have a pop sensibilité but there’s such a thing as taking it slightly too far, as in OVER AND OVER AGAIN :disco:

Personally I have him down as a SURPRISING TOP if he is OF THE BENT, not coloured at all by my own requirements OBVIOUSLY

Oh G'WON then I'll GIVE YOU MY TEN, HEN

Actually I might have to make it TWENTY

01 Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven (it says a lot that the only mass dense enough to stop this BEHEMOTH of a track was SARAH DAWN FINER)
02 Swedish House Wives - On Top of the World (Safura Butcher Discotits Remix)
03 Loreen - Euphoria
04 Le Freak - 25 Hours A Day
05 Roger Pontare - Silverland (like getting fisted in a MYSTICAL BEAR BAR :disco:)
06 Sanna Nielsen - Hela världen för mig (becoming a lesbian schlager televangelist was an inspired early career move)
07 Reidun Sæther - High On Love (one of the GREATEST KEY CHANGES OF ALL TIME)
08 Josef Johansen - Hela natten
09 Man Meadow - Viva la musica
10 Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love

11 Kikki Danielsson - Idag och imorgon
12 Martin Rolinski - In and Out of Love (Safura Butcher Discotits Remix)
13 Guri Schanke - Ven a bailar conmigo (I AM NOT ASHAMED)
14 Pastora Soler - Quédate conmigo
15 Chanée & N'evergreen - In A Moment Like This
16 Jessica Folcker - When Love's Coming Back Again
17 Tanja Dexters - Addicted To You (who could RESIST a SUMPTUOUS SLICE OF SLUTCHOPS TANJ? :disco:)
18 Kayo - Innan natten är över (*lays down and gets up again for peak of song*)
19 J.E.M. - Love Trigger (generic as arseholes but there's nothing quite like a good SHAKE OF THE BREASTS to the postchorus)
20 Brequette - Más
OMG simply MUST update this list tomorrow (YES OBVIOUSLY I GOT LURED BACK IN BY ALL THE CHATTER ABOUT SLUTCHOPS TANJ)

A whole additional SEVEN YEARS of GLORY! I might even be able to blow things out to an ENTIRE TOP FORTY

Poor Edurne. That is quite a recent run - two of the best MF songs of the last decade in A Million Years and Ashes to Ashes.

OMG it turns out I can manage FIFTY

01 Swedish House Wives - On Top of the World (Safura Butcher Discotits Remix) (the song that will play for me at the gates of Heaven)
02 Anna Bergendahl - Ashes To Ashes (the song that will save me from the gates of Heaven)
03 Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven (the song I will never give up requesting from the DJ at Heaven)
04 Ace Wilder - Wild Child (the sound of living utterly irresponsibly for your age as pure escapism from your shit job)
05 Mariette - A Million Years (MYSTICAL)
06 Loreen - Euphoria
07 Carol - Invincible
08 Sanna Nielsen - Hela världen för mig
09 Reidun Sæther - High On Love
10 Edurne - Amanecer (an odyssey)

11 Jannicke Abrahamson - Rocket Ride (the sound of being GAYBASHED TO DEATH BY A RAINBOW)
12 Aisté - Unbreakable (the sound of being GAYBASHED TO DEATH BY A HOMOPHOBIC WOMAN IN A RAINBOW DRESS)
13 Le Freak - 25 Hours A Day
14 Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love
15 Man Meadow - Viva la musica
16 Martin Rolinski - In and Out of Love (Safura Butcher Discotits Remix)
17 Magnus Carlsson - Möt mig i Gamla stan
18 Dinah Nah - One More Night (a love letter to getting chlamydia with a package holiday fling you get a little in too deep with)
19 Dolly Style - Rollercoaster (a love letter to getting brain damage from falling down several flights of stairs :disco:)
20 Roger Pontare - Silverland

21 Charlotte Perrelli - Still Young (the sound of absolutely NOBODY being able to stop me shoplifting when I'm in my 40s 😍)
22 Kikki Danielsson - Idag och imorgon
23 Lovers of Valdaro - Somebody Wants
24 Tanja Dexters - Addicted To You (the sound of absolutely NOBODY being able to stop me drug trafficking when I'm in my 40s 😍)
25 Brequette - Más
26 Mariette - Shout It Out (very emotional - makes me want to be in a lesbian relationship)
27 Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mig
28 Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come (really a Kati Wolf-style GET IN THE CHOIR AND KEY CHANGE full works away from being in my top 5)
29 Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes
30 Mathias Holmgren - Långt bortom tid och rum

31 Kayo - Innan natten är över
32 J.E.M. - Love Trigger
33 Anna Book - Samba sambero
34 Emmi Christensen - Icarus (my immediate go-to whenever it snows)
35 Zeana ft. Anis Dom Demina - Mina bränder (truly the GREATEST SONG OF ALL TIME!)
36 Josef Johansen - Hela natten
37 Pastora Soler - Quédate conmigo
38 Guri Schanke - Ven a bailar conmigo
39 Jessica Folcker - When Love's Coming Back Again
40 Tina & René - Mi amore

41 Chanée & N'evergreen - In A Moment Like This
42 Nika Kocharov & Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold
43 Barbados - Världen utanför
44 Christabelle - Taboo (Such STAR POWER!)
45 Anna-Lie Rydé - Så nära
46 Hanson, Carson & Malmkvist - C'est la vie
47 Roger Pontare - Himmel och hav
48 Kikki, Bettan & Lotta - Vem é dé du vill ha
49 Nina Sublatti - Warrior
50 Petra Nielsen - Tango! Tango! (simply DISGUSTING but THAT IS OBVIOUSLY THE POINT)

01 Swedish House Wives - On Top of the World (Safura Butcher Discotits Remix) (the song that will play for me at the gates of Heaven)
02 Anna Bergendahl - Ashes To Ashes (the song that will save me from the gates of Heaven)
03 Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven (the song I will never give up requesting from the DJ at Heaven)
04 Ace Wilder - Wild Child (the sound of living utterly irresponsibly for your age as pure escapism from your shit job)
06 Loreen - Euphoria
07 Carol - Invincible

11 Jannicke Abrahamson - Rocket Ride (the sound of being GAYBASHED TO DEATH BY A RAINBOW)
12 Aisté - Unbreakable (the sound of being GAYBASHED TO DEATH BY A HOMOPHOBIC WOMAN IN A RAINBOW DRESS)
18 Dinah Nah - One More Night (a love letter to getting chlamydia with a package holiday fling you get a little in too deep with)
19 Dolly Style - Rollercoaster (a love letter to getting brain damage from falling down several flights of stairs :disco:)

21 Charlotte Perrelli - Still Young (the sound of absolutely NOBODY being able to stop me shoplifting when I'm in my 40s 😍)
24 Tanja Dexters - Addicted To You (the sound of absolutely NOBODY being able to stop me drug trafficking when I'm in my 40s 😍)
25 Brequette - Más
26 Mariette - Shout It Out (very emotional - makes me want to be in a lesbian relationship)
28 Anna Bergendahl - Kingdom Come (really a Kati Wolf-style GET IN THE CHOIR AND KEY CHANGE full works away from being in my top 5)

32 J.E.M. - Love Trigger
35 Zeana ft. Anis Dom Demina - Mina bränder (truly the GREATEST SONG OF ALL TIME!)

50 Petra Nielsen - Tango! Tango! (simply DISGUSTING but THAT IS OBVIOUSLY THE POINT)
:D/ :disco: to this whole post but especially his 35th best song also being the greatest song of all time

06 Loreen - Euphoria
07 Carol - Invincible

25 Brequette - Más

32 J.E.M. - Love Trigger

Not even an attempt to get another thread out of it.

"Show Me Heaven" might just be the most thunderous TRIUMPH G:son ever put his name to.

GIMME GIMME GIMME :disco:

06 Loreen - Euphoria
07 Carol - Invincible

25 Brequette - Más

32 J.E.M. - Love Trigger

A Spotify playlist with as MANY AS WERE ON THERE, if anyone wants it

06 Loreen - Euphoria
07 Carol - Invincible

25 Brequette - Más

32 J.E.M. - Love Trigger

@Alias #23 a list of your SINE QUA NONS here :disco:

(slot Fyrfaldigt hurra! in at EIGHTEEN and Bigger Than The Universe at THIRTY from this year please thanks)

06 Loreen - Euphoria
07 Carol - Invincible

25 Brequette - Más

32 J.E.M. - Love Trigger

:wow:

@Alias #23 a list of your SINE QUA NONS here :disco:

(slot Fyrfaldigt hurra! in at EIGHTEEN and Bigger Than The Universe at THIRTY from this year please thanks)
:disco: I must say my TOP 10 was a bit lazy and didn't show much effort so I must get to compiling something a little more COMPREHENSIVE

Fyrfaldigt hurra! will be guaranteed a place in the top 150, with the tarot suggesting THE LOWER END :disco:

Honestly I've tempted to perhaps rather rashly although entirely justifiably put 'High On Love' at #'1. I'm not sure which key it's in but I'm certain it's one of those which signals certain disaster and disappointment :disco:

Also the key change almost KILLS ME WITH OVER-EXCITEMENT EVERY TIME!

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THIS FEELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING :disco::disco::disco:

Honestly the bumping of this thread is blatantly yet another deliberate attempt by that awful PEEN LOPPY to whip me into an UNCONTAINABLE FRENZY

On which note, I'm reminded that this is FUCKING FANTASTIC and it looks like an almost certainly homosexual Dan Naylor on YouTube agrees:

"It's generic, but that doesn't mean I won't stop screaming it every time it plays on my playlist." :disco:

Those SICK TWINS COULD NEVER!

Subject to wild and unpredictable variation as always, here's my (edited) G:SON 20 IN 2022 :disco:

01 Reidun Sæther - High On Love
02 Pastora Soler - Quédate conmigo
03 Loreen – Euphoria
04 Carola - Evighet
05 Jannicke Abrahamson - Rocket Ride
06 Le Freak - 25 Hours A Day
07 Brequette - Más
08 Petra Nielsen - Tango! Tango!
09 Sanna Nielsen - Hela världen för mig
10 Aistė Pilvelytė – Unbreakable

11 Anders Bagge - Bigger Than the Universe (rash but FUCK IT!)
12 Anne-Lie Rydé - Så nära
13 Tanja Dexters - Addicted To You
14 Jenny Silver – Something In Your Eyes
15 Man Meadow – Love Is Gonna Get You
16 Queentastic - Absolutely Fabulous
17 Sanna Nielsen – I’m In Love
18 Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mig
19 Swedish House Wives - On Top of the World
20 Lili och Susie – Show Me Heaven

ALL THE CLASSICS! :disco:

Last edited:
I have NEVER understood the logistics of how they dragged her shitty brown boa into the audience's faces and frankly I like the mystery of what we can all agree was a MAGICAL MOMENT :disco:

Fantastic list, @Alias #23 And yes, Rollercoaster is in the right position, OUT. Oh dear, I believed for years Petra Nielsen was Petra Mede before surgery, someone told me surely as a joke and I thought it was real. :square:

It sounds like something you might hear in the cocktail bar on a FERRY featuring some pissed silly old goat getting up for a LITTLE SING

HONESTLY G:SON! :D:disco:

SEVENTH (:D) in the DV. Mind you this was the DV in which Rockin' The Ride came SIXTH

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

Ten plays of Más later (and now onto Quédate conmigo :disco:), I must say that G:son's ability to write songs which hit all the right (hysteria-inducing) nerves really is a THING OF ABSOLUTE WONDER. I might have to revise that Top 20 and get rid of Anders to make way for Lorraine - Tatoo :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom