Three countries you'd like to visit in 2024

I loved Florence and Venice was ok but probably my least favorite European city (minus the depressing town in whales I walked around for an hour waiting for a train)

So many 🗺 though in order of likeliness (I have been to two of these) for 2024:

1. Sri-Lanka 🇱🇰
2. Denmark 🇩🇰
3. Italy 🇮🇹

:)✈️✨

Morocco
USA
Colombia

The first two are booked. The third I haven't decided whether I'll do late 2024 or early 2025.

I loved Florence and Venice was ok but probably my least favorite European city (minus the depressing town in whales I walked around for an hour waiting for a train)
Whales or Wales ? Were you in Merthyr Tydfil?

Portugal (booked in March already)

Unlikely and never been:
Sweden
Georgia for lots of ORANGE WINE

This needs to be a new thread.
Newport ? Swansea ? Aberystwyth ?
Where were you goong ? :o
I missed my flight from Dublin to London and it was way cheaper to take a boat to Wales and then a train to London. The town was tiny

Talk about worst introduction to Wales @RJN. So many beautiful places and you had to suffer that :(

Atlanta… but when I visit, I stay in Bed-stuy, where most of my friends live
I've actually never been anywhere in Georgia (aside from airport, I think). I'm dying to go to Atlanta / Buckhead and SAVANNAH.

Have you ever been to Michigan?

I've actually never been anywhere in Georgia (aside from airport, I think). I'm dying to go to Atlanta / Buckhead and SAVANNAH.

Have you ever been to Michigan?
You should come! Especially in like April when it’s nice here but cold in the north. I’d avoid Buckhead though, unless you have a specific reason to go

I’ve never been to Michigan but my roommate’s parents live in Holland so I think I’m going in June. I’ve heard it’s beautiful in the summer. You’re near Ann Arbor right? I want to go there as well

You should come! Especially in like April when it’s nice here but cold in the north. I’d avoid Buckhead though, unless you have a specific reason to go

I’ve never been to Michigan but my roommate’s parents live in Holland so I think I’m going in June. I’ve heard it’s beautiful in the summer. You’re near Ann Arbor right? I want to go there as well
Holland is west Michigan, I'm east side near Detroit. I've never been there but anywhere near Lake Michigan is amazing in the summer. I'm about 45 min from Ann Arbor. I'm closer to Detroit in the suburbs.

Already done NYC, San Fran and Chicago. Boston in the Fall looks amazing and we can probably work our way up to Philly and NYC 😎

Oh I LOVED Boston

Book a night in Cape Cod while you’re there.

Well I'm fortunate enough to have e just done South Africa, we've got Iceland booked for may and hopefully Argentina and Chile in December/January.

But still on my list is Austria, Costa Rica, Australia, Switzerland, US, Canada.

I need a lottery win.

Glad you enjoyed it, Cape Town is very much on the list but seems a bit of an annoyance to get to logistically. I mean, not like down under that I go to annually but that’s for family etc. Can you do direct flights from the UK to Cape Town?

Well I'm fortunate enough to have e just done South Africa, we've got Iceland booked for may and hopefully Argentina and Chile in December/January.

But still on my list is Austria, Costa Rica, Australia, Switzerland, US, Canada.

I need a lottery win.
Oh Iceland is AMAZING. Make sure you do the Golden Circle and Vik and the waterfalls on the road there.

Oh Iceland is AMAZING. Make sure you do the Golden Circle and Vik and the waterfalls on the road there.
Well we're on a cruise so I'm not sure how long we will get in places. I know we do the Faroe islands as well.

This is our route.
Screenshot_2024-01-27-22-16-15-51_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it, Cape Town is very much on the list but seems a bit of an annoyance to get to logistically. I mean, not like down under that I go to annually but that’s for family etc. Can you do direct flights from the UK to Cape Town?
Yes you can. We flew from Heathrow to Cape town via BA. Took 11 hours 45 mins.

Coming home we were in a different area so didn't fly from CT. It was a pain, we had to do an internal flight from Portsmouth Elizabeth to Johannesburg then Jburg to Heathrow and it took way too long so I don't recommend that.

We didn't actually spend much time in Cape Town city. We did Franschhoek and Camps Bay but did a day Into the city.

Well Reykjavik is lovely and want to go to Akureyri apparently great for whale watching !
Yes this is a whale watching cruise! I'm very excited. I'm taking my binoculars!

I did the Golden Circle because you're supposed to. I enjoyed some of it, but it did feel like a lot of cattle herding with masses of tourists around gift shops.

I did the Golden Circle because you're supposed to. I enjoyed some of it, but it did feel like a lot of cattle herding with masses of tourists around gift shops.

The golden circle was worth it for the Geyser and Gullfoss
I did prefer going over to Vik and the waterfalls that way.

Last edited:
Oh and I loved the swimming pools in Reykjavik with hot tubs. ICE on the handrails and running to get in the warm loved it

I need to see what trips we can book for Iceland I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom