Three countries you'd like to visit in 2024

Uzbekistan already booked :disco: hoping for Bosnia and a return trip to Austria to explore more too.

Planning to go to Italy with some friends, and Sweden for Eurovision - I guess during this time I will cross the water to Denmark, Sweden's answer to The Wirral. So that's three, but I may also do Strasbourg around Christmas as a bonus.

Have you been to New York before?
no! I'm looking at about 10 days in May. so excited.

I'm going to do nothing but drop bags on apartment floors, take broken hearts and put them in drawers, search for a sound we haven't heard before etc. (and eat in every Italian in town!)

UAE Inc. Dubai and possibly Jordan after
Türkiye
Canada

Seriously tempted to take a month off work in February and go to Türkiye all inclusive for £1500.

Last edited:
no! I'm looking at about 10 days in May. so excited.

I'm going to do nothing but drop bags on apartment floors, take broken hearts and put them in drawers, search for a sound we haven't heard before etc. (and eat in every Italian in town!)
I think you’re going to be obsessed

I’m going in January and I think I want to go back at least two more times in 2024

I’ve got down under and Belgium and Spain booked for family/friends over, but I have a week I’ll use in September and I think the Baltics would be a good shout as I think I could tick off 3-4 over a nine day period. So I’ll go with:

1. Finland
2. Estonia
3. Latvia and/or Lithuania.

Already done NYC, San Fran and Chicago. Boston in the Fall looks amazing and we can probably work our way up to Philly and NYC 😎
Boston in the fall is beautiful and you should do Cape Cod or some other coastal part of Massachusetts while you're there

I have Sweden/Denmark for Eurovish and Italy (Naples, Amalfi) already booked but I need a new bloody job if I want to go anywhere else :evil:

Realistically only one of these for 2024 but these are my overall top 3:

Greece
Italy
Argentina

Italy really is the most wonderful place. and it's fucking huge so you can go many times and have a totally different trip each time. but everywhere is beaut, the people are all insane, and the food do be carbin' hard.

What are the best places in Italy to go? It does seem overwhelming. Rome seems the most touristy, obviously, but I feel like it is a must for the first time.

Jark will love NY. Please play "Welcome to New York" on a loop.

What are the best places in Italy to go? It does seem overwhelming. Rome seems the most touristy, obviously, but I feel like it is a must for the first time.
if you do Rome you can do Florence really easily and Bologna/Pisa too. best for culture/museums/architecture and food. the trains are quick and cheap. personally I'm a big lover of Milan and would recommend if you're into fashion and art, and then you can combine with Lake Como or one of the other lakes, and see the mountains too.

then there is also Sicily if you want the full Jennifer Coolidge experience, or Amalfi/Cinque Terre if you want the cute coastal vibes and have several million in the bank. or Bari on the other coast for a cheaper beach holiday. OR Napoli if you want the really authentic old school Italian experience and the best pizza options. literally SO MANY OPTIONS!

if you do Rome you can do Florence really easily and Bologna/Pisa too. best for culture/museums/architecture and food. the trains are quick and cheap. personally I'm a big lover of Milan and would recommend if you're into fashion and art, and then you can combine with Lake Como or one of the other lakes, and see the mountains too.

then there is also Sicily if you want the full Jennifer Coolidge experience, or Amalfi/Cinque Terre if you want the cute coastal vibes and have several million in the bank. or Bari on the other coast for a cheaper beach holiday. OR Napoli if you want the really authentic old school Italian experience and the best pizza options. literally SO MANY OPTIONS!
Amalfi and Lake Como feel most enticing to me, figures they’re the most expensive. Have you been to Venice or Tuscany/countryside? I literally want to do it ALL

I've never been to Tuscany but have heard only good things. you'd need a car to get around there. Venice I've heard pretty mixed things, it's like 90% tourists and day trippers so apparently there's not that much of a local vibe. most people say 1 day is enough.

Whenever I hear Venice I think of that Popworld interview where they ask Avril Lavigne if it smells.

Have a week in Tunisia booked for April, will be my first time visiting anywhere in Africa.

Would like to do something in September or October once I know when my leave is. Possibly something big, or at least somewhere new, and make use of the Avios I have saved. Considerations currently range from Thailand, to the Balkans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom