Tokyo 2020 - Day 1 (Sat 24 July)

I like the drama of the GONG

Oh it's already in golden score time? I don't know what it means though

I have NO idea what's going on, it's quite wrestly, but then it's just pulling at each others clothes. A bit like my last date

I mean seriously, where has all the BBC coverage gone? They used to have just about everything running. Just seems like they can't be bothered this year.
I thought my red button wasn’t working properly as it only gave me one other choice of sport to watch and was searching Twitter to see if there were issues. Disappointing but maybe it’s day one issues. *edit: I just saw the explanation.

JAPAN GOOOOOOOOOOOLDDDD

I think he sort of won it on penalties so it was a bit of an anticlimax but still YASS

OMG I thought that was the earthquake/typhoon alert system - the cheeky sods are using that to announce medals :D There IS a typhoon at the moment

Mr Japan has nice abs but his ears are FUCKED

The podium is a bit weird though, 2nd and 3rd are the same level - even the flags are hung up like that too. Is that normal?

I know I'm the only one commenting here but the camera keeps going to this Japanese daddy in the audience, I guess a former medalist? Anyway GET IT ME

This is confusing, there were two bronze medal matches for men's and women's Judo?

Yes it's the same in taekwondo, wrestling and a few other sports where there is a repechage amongst the losers of the early matches.

Team GB through to the knockout stage in the women’s football after defeating the hosts :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom