Ukraine 2022: Kalush Orchestra - Stefania

Oh I will be GUTTED if this doesn't make it. Clearly an iconic Eurovision entry, and such a memorable stage show visually.

The unexpected gag of the rap section will be so surprising to so many viewers at home, I expect it will genuinely make some of the older audience members ACTUALLY GAG!

another terrible thing about this is that act who came second were extremely ungracious in their loss, and actually attacked the host backstage calling her a liar. of course I see that that little wasp @ButterTart stans them, but who can say they’re surprised ?

More rumours had started to emerge about other trips to Crimea she had taken so she’s definitely jumping before she’s pushed, but still… :(

From her Instagram:

I am a citizen of Ukraine, I follow the laws of Ukraine, I try to bring the traditions and values of Ukraine to the world.
What this story turned out to be is not at all what I put into my song.

I am an artist, not a politician. I do not have an army of PR people, managers, lawyers to resist all this attack and pressure, the break-in of my social networks; threats. And also absolutely unacceptable wording that people allow themselves without understanding the situation and forgetting about the dignity of every citizen of Ukraine

I don't want this virtual war and hatred. The main war now is an external one, which came to my country in 2014.

I don't want to be in this dirty story anymore. With a heavy heart I withdraw my candidacy as the representative of Ukraine in the Eurovision Song Contest. Unfortunately. I'm really sorry.

We will contact the Public and sign all the necessary documents.

Separately, I want to thank everyone who supports and helps me, who hears my song and important message, not gossip about me. Thanks!

We have a story going on with you, and we have to decide what it will be ❤️

Let's unite! Now it is more important than ever!

Alina Pash and Maruv to appear in a Melodifestivalen 2023 duet please

It's a shame because it was by far the best entry of the year thus far, but their rules.

They’re gonna be scrambling around for a new entry and I have an idea if I can just get them to listen to me for 5 minutes

13327C6D-6730-4135-8220-F014B9B59B1A.jpeg

Oh Su already mentioned Maruv :shy:

SERIOUS QUESTION: does anyone know where/how I could get a pair of glasses like this?

ukraine-2019-maruv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how RUBBISH. Especially as it looked likely to be one of the few genuine contenders selected so far this year, and would have likely gotten Ukraine a huge show of pan-European support had it gotten to Eurovision (possibly another reason why this may have been withdrawn - too politically contentious?).

The year she went to Crimea that is disputed is 2015 :D It's hardly like it was a couple of MONTHS ago.

I wonder what happens now? No Ukraine at all? They send the NF second placers? or my preferred option: our unproblematic RAVEN QUEEN rises again :disco:

:RavenQueen:

godfuckingdamnit Ukraine :( Ridiculous rule, ridiculous situation and, really, if they can't sort their shit out to the point they're banning artists on suspicion of treason they shouldn't be here anyway.

banning artists on suspicion of treason they shouldn't be here anyway.
Banning an artist on suspicion of treason is ENTIRELY RATIONAL. This is a country which is currently occupied and is facing further subjugation.

Banning an artist on suspicion of treason is ENTIRELY RATIONAL. This is a country which is currently occupied and is facing further subjugation.
Travelling to Crimea - whatever route they take - is hardly treason when it's done by Ukrainian citizens. It's an unreasonable, petty and oppressive law. It doesn't make Ukraine stronger.

The occupiers should be long gone too. But that's a separate issue. Tracking a musician's long-term travel histories in an adjacent market even when their actions are pretty unambiguously pro-Ukrainian is ridiculous and not the actions of a country who should be celebrated on an international stage.

It says everything that this came from an anonymous nationalist blogger. It's a really nasty, ugly, unbecoming impulse to immediately root through the winner's history to see if there's any way their loyalty can be questioned on technicalities.

Frankly, it doesn't exactly make it an appealing process to artists with friends or family in Crimea (or who just want to go to a part of the country which these types incessantly insist is theirs, while also erecting huge administrative barriers to travelling to from Ukraine!), or who've had any career to speak of in Russia, that a blaring message about the reputational risk of entering to represent their own country (if we want to talk about signs of loyalty :eyes:) has been sent out from the Ukrainian selection twice in the space of three years. How does this not just push more artists into the arms of a Russian market happy to accept them?

Obviously I'm sad that jealous embittered savage Jamala has totally ruined Alina's life and yet another Eurovision for tens of internet gays but TBH I slightly prefer Kalush Orchestra's effort anyway because, very much like dear @ButterTart, I'm not scared of cock :tongueout:

That said, the GHASTLY PINK HAT will hopefully be ditched

Obviously I'm sad that jealous embittered savage Jamala has totally ruined Alina's life and yet another Eurovision for tens of internet gays but TBH I slightly prefer Kalush Orchestra's effort anyway because, very much like dear @ButterTart, I'm not scared of cock :tongueout:

That said, the GHASTLY PINK HAT will hopefully be ditched
Wait, is this Jamala’s handiwork AGAIN? I mean, I know she’s basically outed a war criminal but she’s still a meddlesome harridan.

“According to the Vidbir rules, UA:PBC can decide on the representative of Ukraine at the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, from the field of other finalists that participated in the national selection process on Saturday night.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom