ABBA - The Album + THE REST Sync Listen

Pingu

Noot noot
We're coming to the end of these and soon we'll be starting to count down Moopy's favourite ABBA songs (make sure to vote for yours by the way!).

The Album.jpg

And yes, it’s the in-hindsight-rather-boldly-titled The Album tonight. Coming just over a year after Arrival, this possibly saw the biggest jump to date in the ambition and scale of the group’s songwriting. Yes the bubblegum pop was still there on Take A Chance On Me, but musically and lyrically they started towards the grandiose in other singles such as the sophisticated pop of The Name Of The Game and the epic album opener Eagle.

Even if they did get a bit big for their boots on the mini-musical tracks that closed off the album, this is the one that showed that ABBA were capable of much more than the Europop for which they had become known.

AND stay tuned after the last track – because this is the shortest album of the bunch at just 9 tracks, with no bonus tracks to speak of, tonight is the night we’ll delve into those final four officially-released "rarities" at the end of the rate, as we take a whistle stop tour through their career with the four classic “almost was” tracks of the ABBA canon.

Hit play at 8!

Last edited:
I won’t know if I’ll be around until it starts, but I’ll join if I can

Yes it's THAT one... and a few little extras. First post updated, see you at 8!

I am here, for the beginning at least. I may have to go at any time

Sorry for making this all about ME, but I saw a production of Mamma Mia last night, so I'm in an ABBA mood

Oh glad I accidentally remembered this was happening just in time for Take a Chance on Me

Take a Chance On Me is such a great song. love the subtle slide from the sultry bridge to the poppy chorus. bits of warm disco here and there.

10 Take a Chance On Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom