All inclusive Madonna CHART STATS, CERTS & STREAMS thread

Do you need certain types of earphones / headphones to get the Atmos experience or can you tell the difference regardless?
You do need special equipment (soundbar or headphones), but you can hear a difference with any setup.

it's definitely not the album as it was released in 1990 though. Lucky Star and Borderline are much longer, and there is this new outro to Papa Don't Preach which may or may not have been replaced by now. Given all that, I'm not sure what that means for the reissues. Are they going to be rejigged so they're more to her current liking?

The issue with Lucky Star and Borderline is perennial and has been there since the album was released on streaming. For whatever reason these versions have been chosen. Mike Dean has had to go back to the master tapes for this new mix, so this could mean that either the original tapes of those two versions are lost/damaged, or the new versions are a conscious decision/choice by Madonna herself.

The Papa Don't Preach adlib is definitely all new for this version though.

Weren’t the TIC edits already 12” versions, isn't that why they usually opted for dance remixes? How can some of the songs be LONGER?

Weren’t the TIC edits already 12” versions, isn't that why they usually opted for dance remixes? How can some of the songs be LONGER?
No they weren’t
Almost all the TIC versions were new unique edits and entirely remixed by Shep Pettibone and mixed using the then cutting edge Q Sound technology

FINALLY Enough Love hits 28 weeks on the UK Top 100 albums shart

The longest sharting remix album in the UK apparently!!

FINALLY Enough Love hits 28 weeks on the UK Top 100 albums shart

The longest sharting remix album in the UK apparently!!
Even if the tracks being streamed and keeping it on the chart are mainly the 7" versions and radio edits, and not really the remixes.

There's a rainbow 6-LP edition coming for Pride month by the way

Yeah
it's cumin

I need to check UKMix to see what's in the running to hit 100M next..
I don't know if it's next in line, but isn't Bitch I'm Madonna close?

The 2010s is the only decade she doesn't have a 100m + streaming track from, and I've read that's her track from the decade which is closest.

Yeah Bitch I'm Madonna is on 90M Spotty Fry streams. Sounds like it'll be on the tour setlist as well, so probs will hit 100M in a year or so I imagine.

Yeah Bitch I'm Madonna is on 90M Spotty Fry streams. Sounds like it'll be on the tour setlist as well, so probs will hit 100M in a year or so I imagine.
Just reading on ukmix that Holiday is currently just behind Bitch I'm Madonna, but gaining at a rate where it should overtake it before BIM hits 100m.

And I assume Holiday is a victim of having multiple versions not counted together, because that having less than 100m doesn't feel at all right.

Yes I’m sure Holiday is well over 100M if you combine all the versions …

I had Holiday on 161m months ago and that wasn’t included live versions or remixes, just single edits or album versions. Also Into The Groove technically passed the marker ages ago.

https://www.moopy.co.uk/threads/jus...-from-spotifys-playcounts.105364/post-4649633

It’s really difficult to track streaming for Madonna - it’s true that the Celebration edit just reached the milestone but if the point of the tally is to measure popularity (hence the comparison to Celine and Whitney) then really it should combine versions of the same song.

Say what you like (and I'll have it for you etc.), but I love a bit of Bitch I'm Madonna. Video was fantastic and the Rebel Heart Tour perf was so great after all the 'Iconic' fighting intro where she went ' I just wanna have FUN tonight :disco: ' . NYC roared, I tell you. London too. Birmingham not so much.

In fact my one gripe is that the title is missing an exclamation mark. I'd have called it Bitch! I'm Madonna or Bitch I'm Madonna!

Last edited:
I love the prolonged single shot nature and Akerland's trademark colouring but sure it was try-hard. :eyes:

This is all very very vulgar
I am top 4 (down to #8 this week, still top 10) in Posters of the week and everything.

I'm mainstream now I cannot continue with this convo.

Bitch I'm Madonna is fucking terrible and only OUR S could suggest otherwise.

And I'd rather it had a comma in the title. Because it fucks me off without.

However, I will concede that the video was good. But also, will counterbalance that with the single cover:

Madonna_-_Bitch_I%27m_Madonna.png

However, I will concede that the video was good. But also, will counterbalance that with the single cover:

Madonna_-_Bitch_I%27m_Madonna.png
Ah yes, Aldo Diaz's first 'creation' and his entry into the fold.
We had a close shave with his submission for the Rebel Heart Tour DVD cover (that awful thing with the cropped feet from an image of a performance that wasn't even on the tour). It was jancelled after much online fan outrage fortunately.

I reckon the aim is to get her to 30M monthly listeners in time for the tour. Tall order but not impossible.

Finally Enough Love still top 100 UK I noticed last week. Not used to seeing her recent albums have any legs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom