Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

I was a bit “that’s nice” about the Happy Home thing but it really is switching things up, AND is effectively another upgrade to the main game with some cross pollination, you can add partition walls and pillars to your regular home.

You can make some animals roommates together :o *ships*

AND I WANT THAT DISCO BALL

A GAME CHANGER DIDDY <3

I am in such a flux trying to figure out how to cram these new additions into my current island (which now hosts CHER as my 2nd Mii resident I might add - she's a pale goth with leather biker mama jacket and tartan punk trousers of course) whilst hurriedly going at it on my 2nd island on my other Switch to get the terraforming ability. I've got around 2500 hours into this game and this update has just confirmed I'm probably not even halfway done (and in being pedestrian with this estinate).

Some of this might not have seemed major, but they've really fleshed it out now and it's back to filling my soul with whatever that joy emotion effect is.

I'm pleased that we can now access the variations of the Nook Miles items that you only get one default colour of - especially as the new ones we seen looked so good. I've tried to pause moments such as the inventory shots and even that shows plenty of new items.

So 2.0 is 5 November and NSO is 25 October? I was really hoping for a "shadow drop".

I was a bit “that’s nice” about the Happy Home thing but it really is switching things up, AND is effectively another upgrade to the main game with some cross pollination, you can add partition walls and pillars to your regular home.

You can make some animals roommates together :o *ships*

AND I WANT THAT DISCO BALL

There's a disco ball? Omg!

A GAME CHANGER DIDDY <3

I am in such a flux trying to figure out how to cram these new additions into my current island (which now hosts CHER as my 2nd Mii resident I might add - she's a pale goth with leather biker mama jacket and tartan punk trousers of course) whilst hurriedly going at it on my 2nd island on my other Switch to get the terraforming ability. I've got around 2500 hours into this game and this update has just confirmed I'm probably not even halfway done (and in being pedestrian with this estinate).

Some of this might not have seemed major, but they've really fleshed it out now and it's back to filling my soul with whatever that joy emotion effect is.

I'm pleased that we can now access the variations of the Nook Miles items that you only get one default colour of - especially as the new ones we seen looked so good. I've tried to pause moments such as the inventory shots and even that shows plenty of new items.

So 2.0 is 5 November and NSO is 25 October? I was really hoping for a "shadow drop".

What’s NSO?

I think everything is out on the 5th, isn’t it?

The 5000 items. Thank god, I am at my max and this will surely be enough. Surely..

I’d JUST had a clear out too :D I mean I’d got it from about 2000 to 1700 but hey

A big chunk of that is materials, mind. I wish they would be more consistent with stacking, why are weeds 99 max, but materials are 30, and things like the clams or trash don’t stack at all

It was in the Happy Home video

I'm assuming this is for inside? Because I have an outside disco that I've wanted one for for ages.

NSO, Nintendo Switch Online dear. I did think it was interesting that they almost are having slight cold feet at the paid DLC thing by knowing full well the types to mean online about it will likely be eyeing up the expansion pack anyway, so have put it in there as bait.

I'm assuming this is for inside? Because I have an outside disco that I've wanted one for for ages.

NSO, Nintendo Switch Online dear. I did think it was interesting that they almost are having slight cold feet at the paid DLC thing by knowing full well the types to mean online about it will likely be eyeing up the expansion pack anyway, so have put it in there as bait.

Ohhh I don’t think so, I guess it’ll just get added later if the new NSO launches earlier. I mean didn’t it say preorders start from the 29th or something?

The mirrorball was inside, and made some VERY pretty patterns

I watched the video for the third time to make that list of additions, and didn’t realise until I posted it how LONG the list is, for a 9 minute video! Incredible scenes

Ohhh I don’t think so, I guess it’ll just get added later if the new NSO launches earlier. I mean didn’t it say preorders start from the 29th or something?

The mirrorball was inside, and made some VERY pretty patterns

Oh I assumed that was one of those light ball things, but now I get it. The real estate thing on the other island is going to be such a time vaccum.

I was kind of pulling for a Digby return but I happily welcome the return of GODDESS Katrina and THE BREWSTER. :disco:

I have watched this direct too many time, and too many reaction videos about it.

But I did clock the customisable gyroid section, that one they made pink had an UNCANNY resemblance to Dr Shrunk :o

Oh and also I had an OMG when I noticed the doorway upstairs behind the counter of Nook’s Cranny, and thought I was the only one who had realised.

But it seems it was always there :/

If gyroids dance to music playing in close proximity when placed outside I'll definitely enjoy them.

I finally spotted the disco ball, but the bubble blowing things in the same scene are just amazing :disco:

Ugh, 8 minutes to finish the download. Just as well I finished my new island in time for this.

FDS6BnzVcAEclLo.jpeg

Haven’t been to Harv’s yet, but I can’t wait to not hear the millennials whining when AC edges us JUST a little more on some of these new features

I have barely slept :D

TBH though what did you do? They are totally drawing it out. I could only go to the presumably fixed island to see Brewster and little else, got food recipes but no way to make the ingredients (though catching sea bass, anchovy and dab triggered some. But weirdly not picking fruit or getting clams. They MUST use the damn clams!)

Didn’t realise I could only pay off one gyroid in the plaza, I love Katrina but she wouldn’t have been my choice. If Leif doesn’t turn up tomorrow he will be my next unlock, then the customise shop, then Redd I guess.

Did you get the recipes in the shop too?

I got all the new miles licenses at least, looking forward to playing tomorrow though, see which gyroid a grow and where Kappn will take me

I've been time-travelling for all the new items. Many are seasonal. However, of course the colour I want for something was not the one allocated to my island. It does make me laugh that 18 months later Nintendo are trying to revive the trading parties people used to do. I won't mention any items specifically as if memory services Madamme-ddy doesn't do spoilers? I have a feeling I've not seen even half the new stuff and have not even touched the DLC yet.

I've been time-travelling for all the new items. Many are seasonal. However, of course the colour I want for something was not the one allocated to my island. It does make me laugh that 18 months later Nintendo are trying to revive the trading parties people used to do. I won't mention any items specifically as if memory services Madamme-ddy doesn't do spoilers? I have a feeling I've not seen even half the new stuff and have not even touched the DLC yet.

Not sure what a spoiler would be for ACNH :D can’t you customise any of those items? Not sure what kind of items you mean, like from events?

I shot down a balloon (I know right) that turned out to have a golden dharma recipe :o I mean talk about destiny. I haven’t even seen a regular dharma yet!

I do want to start cooking already so it’s a bit annoying

Bit underwhelmed by Kapp’n’s tours. I mean I guess the first day was a story point but todays one was just as ordinary. I got one gyroid fragment but nothing interesting of note

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom