Australia 2023: Voyager - Promise

I mean they’re going for something different for them.

I’d prefer Samantha Jade different, but it’s quite striking.

9C758EAB-808D-430A-9891-308629CA1043.gif

Reactions: VoR
This is very promising indeed and will highly depend on the staging. I hope they CAMP IT UP!

OK, so I think I'm into it. A surefire qualifier, a feasibly top 10 in the final.

I'm glad to hear of countries leaning into their strengths. It SOUNDS like 80s Australian rock, with an electronic mix. Best thing they've sent since stick opera lady.

This year is building nicely. If Sweden pick Air, I'm declaring it better than last year. Although I don't think I've heard a Hold Me Closer type song, that's just fantastic beyond the contest.

I like it (although not quite clicking with the "oh oh, oh oh" bits of the chorus) - think I prefer still Dreamer from last year, but then that was a grower so maybe this one will too.

still a welcome addition to the lineup.

I prefer this to the first two minutes of Dreamer but it’s not quite as good as the last minute of Dreamer.

Just WILD for ALL THINGS OZ AT THE EUROVISH is OUR ZUSANNAH-KIANA so I hear these days :tongueout: :tongueout:
:D:D:D LOVE ME SOME OZ MATE

Oh God I’m reminded by EUROVIZJ that that GIEDROYC woman is (highly displeasingly) involved in this year’s presentation but I shall remain calm and collected and say nothing unpleasant :)

YET

Oh actually I might need to clear a blockage before bed :)

NOBODY calls it Eurovizj, it hasn’t caught on, she needs to button it and she brings the same undercurrent of sneer to Eurosong proceedings as Scott Mills (and, in earlier times, Wogan) which I just DON’T WANT

NIGHTY NIGHT :disco:

• Haha
Reactions: COB
It’s grown on me too, but is there ANY hype for it in Australia? It really seems like they just LOST INTEREST after Montaigne.

Simply love to WHAP OUT A BOOB during the annual Evropesma (obviously just the one to be classy to begin with / the full twin set by song 6) :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Zu
It’s grown on me too, but is there ANY hype for it in Australia? It really seems like they just LOST INTEREST after Montaigne.
They sent through ISAIAH and MONTAIGNE, just to get closer to you :(

I love this song! It's RIDIC obviously but in a good way and not like that embarrassing Boy George knock-off.

The synths are LIFE!

The guitar solo followed by that last run to the chorus is fucking incredible, come on gays!

This was ten times better than I thought. I had it down as lucky to qualify if that, but I wouldn’t be surprised with a top ten if they pull it off.

I liked it much more live than in studio form, it didn't seem as disjointed and was well staged and performed.

My favourite bit is that high little "hu-man TOUCH!" in the second verse, it's better in the studio version but also worked live!

This gonna be a return to form for Oz isn't it? They seem like absolutely delightful individuals, the song is a ride and the performance is great fun.

Is there ANY INTEREST whatsoever for this in Australia? It doesn't seem to be doing a thing on their domestic Spotify etc, and obviously the lack of a national final doesn't suggest huge engagement.

It'd be a shame if this did really well but nobody really noticed.

I have come around to this greatly and severely misjudged IT and THEM.

Still think the chorus is a bit weak but I should think top 10 if not higher is likely.

Also love how the nonsensical car plonked on stage somehow enhances the performance despite having no business being there :D

Can someone please explain how this WON the semi...and then not only entirely collapsed in the final, but was beaten on the televote by every song they beat in the semi?! Except Austria, who came second in that semi - so the top 2 were bottom 2!

Has this ever happened to that level before? Did the audience all decide on a MASS PISS BREAK at the point this came on?

It's not like their slot was particularly awful...

Make it make sense. I can only assume almost their entire vote jumped over to Finland...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom