Australia 2023: Voyager - Promise

VoR

Take it or leave it
Australia Decides officially CANCELLED

Shame, last year's was weak but they had a few moments beyond the winners. As for the internal selection, obviously we know nothing yet but the two names who have been touted a lot in past years are Dami Im and Delta Goodrem, so fingers crossed...

Australia is, generally, quite poor (after such a strong start) and seems to be getting worse, so this may not be a bad decision.

Shame, I enjoyed the past few (although the quality was declining year on year).

Jaguar Jonze (finalist in 2020 & 2022) has also thrown her name in the ring and would be a good choice with the right song.

Dami Im has also said she is up for it:

L6R11RW9lbk.jpg

Shame, I enjoyed the past few (although the quality was declining year on year).

Jaguar Jonze (finalist in 2020 & 2022) has also thrown her name in the ring and would be a good choice with the right song.

Rabbit Hole didn't do much for me but Little Fires was great

If they're publicly thirsting for it on social media, I would suggest they probably haven't been approached. :D

I think Australia, like the UK, is the kind of country that benefits from an internal selection rather than a national final. It would encourage more well-known artists to go for it and not face the potential humiliation of losing a public selection to a nobody.

Samantha Jade has said previously she’d be interested too (although I’m not sure how relevant she is in Australia anymore?)

Talking of acts that peaked a good while ago, I’d be up for The Veronicas too :disco:

Australia Decides officially CANCELLED

Shame, last year's was weak but they had a few moments beyond the winners. As for the internal selection, obviously we know nothing yet but the two names who have been touted a lot in past years are Dami Im and Delta Goodrem, so fingers crossed...

Delta Goodrem would be a good choice. Every show needs a toilet break.

The Crystal Ball account has started following Guy Sebastian’s brother (who won The Voice) :eyes:

Can we have Jessica Mauboy again? :side-eye:

If we are getting a Voice Australia winner I’d much rather Bella Taylor Smith.

ps. I don’t think it’s Delta, as she has a concert in the Maldives over Eurovision… unless, of course, that is cancelled.

This is the most important moment in Australia’s history. The new rankings, for clarity:

1. Voyager win Eurovision
2. Dingo eats baby
3. Drew falls off a horse on Neighbours

This is the most important moment in Australia’s history. The new rankings, for clarity:

1. Voyager win Eurovision
2. Dingo eats baby
3. Drew falls off a horse on Neighbours
What about ‘Cody Willis shot through window’?

I can't believe with your avatar you didn't come out with "Helen Daniels moves to Bungle Bungles"

Reactions: D5K
Hmm. That’s quite weak really. Are Australia starting to lose interest?

I like that a lot. I always say the same when the non-Schlager rocky entries come along they need to properly go off like Midnight Gold when onstage, and not water it down to try and meet the juries in the middle, like Intention. That middle 8 COULD be a moment if they decide to make it one.

Sounds promising - hopefully there's a suitably big stage show to go with it.

I'm not sure about it. it sounds like it could be a big moment, or could bit of a mes that gets lost in the sea of indie/guitar stuff we already have this year(although admittedly its galaxies apart from the likes of Ireland)

I'm really not getting this. It feels like the half-formed scraps of about three different songs awkwardly stitched together.

Last edited:
That's fantastic (as long as I'm not watching the visuals). Love the 80s Duran Duran vibe (and the slip into a bit of Lordi :D).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom