Back catalogue reissue campaign

I'm just going by the evidence not of its brilliance; but rather, of what we've had so far. It's been over a year since they announced this and all we've had have been lithographs, vinyl sleeves (!) or just a standard reissue of a single with an alternate cover or something ridiculous like that.
I suppose there was some effort behind Finally Enough Love though.
I'd be very surprised if they did something proper to be honest. It'll be the usual minimal effort for maximum profit-type thing. She'll get Mike Dean to 'remaster' it or something but they'll bung the standard album and try and fool us into thinking it'll sound sonically much better. Very much doubt we'll get expanded artwork or lavish packaging or even additional songs..

They've never done much for RSD, as history has previously attested, it's always been pretty much "straight" reissues, but you're also forgetting the excellent American Life Mixshow album. MDNA isn't even the same company as the back catalogue, right, so that vinyl sleeve isn't indicative either? I wonder if those pointless vinyl sleeves were just rights- issue related too as the actual releases will be coming later. And because no one got off their arse to get ahead of the vinyl manufacturing.

Finally Enough Love is surely the only proper sign of what's to come, but annoying they're already pushing that to reissue and suggests a rather lazy attempt at cashing in again. ( am tempted to cash in my vinyl version for the rainbow edition and make a couple of hundred quid, if prices hold up, but I digress). I just fail to see why they wouldn't want to get something out there for Madonna 40 and then carry on with the rest of the albums, either as they hit their anniversaries or on a different schedule. She's an absolute cash cow for them if they actually work it- she's surely right up the very top of the reissue market if they do it right. And with everything already there, the outlay costs are minimal at most.

BUT WE KNOW ALL THAT.

I'm just going by the evidence not of its brilliance; but rather, of what we've had so far. It's been over a year since they announced this and all we've had have been lithographs, vinyl sleeves (!) or just a standard reissue of a single with an alternate cover or something ridiculous like that.
I suppose there was some effort behind Finally Enough Love though.
I'd be very surprised if they did something proper to be honest. It'll be the usual minimal effort for maximum profit-type thing. She'll get Mike Dean to 'remaster' it or something but they'll bung the standard album and try and fool us into thinking it'll sound sonically much better. Very much doubt we'll get expanded artwork or lavish packaging or even additional songs..
I'm assuming the announcement was made when the agreement re her back catalogue was agreed and signed. I think 12-18 months past that point to curate, remaster, search the vaults isn't too unrealistic given how long the Prince re-issues take / time between releases. Then again if nothing is announced this year, then yes vinyl sleeves, and branded panties are probably all we'll get.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
Amazon Exclusive 'silver' True Blue vinyl coming soon apparently.

I can't even anymore honestly :D

I also noted from Instagram the fucking ridiculous HOLOGRAPHIC SLEEVE scam is still going on as well.

Is it not the 40th anniversary of the debut this year? Surely she needs to get the proper reissue campaign going with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom