Bonnie Tyler - Believe In Me

BELIEVE in BONNIE

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
From our doldrums years from 2003-2021, I genuinely think this was the best song, even while acknowledging that it was a terrible choice of entry (if that makes any sense)

That random triumphant WOOF at 3.08 sends me every time :D

I actually think ‘Love Will Set You Free’ is the best song, albeit always doomed, but this is a good song.

Did the BBC pay for that elevating platform? I don’t think anybody else used it.

It is astonishing that the BBC thought any of this was a viable strategy 😀

YUYYYYYOoooouuuuiu sssssssaaayyyyyuyy yooooouuuuuuuu doooooonnnnnnttttttt. Beerllllll~~~~iii3evvvve~~ in aloooooooovvveeee and stuuuuuu~ffffffffffff

So beautiful :becool:

• Love
Reactions: VoR
I can't remember what I thought at the time, other than zero expectation probably, but yes now I do think this is rather nice

Trouble is, it was like our Eurovision equivalent of BREXIT FOOTBALL - the entitlement as if just sending an old legend and fuck any other effort required.

Children of the universe is the best song from those years I think. I even like it better than Spaceman.

Really should have leaned in to the 80s hair, greased up muscle queen vibe of her biggest hits tbh.

Lucie was the only one from 2012 to 2021 that really deserved to go top ten, but I did like this song a lot. It's not competitive in any way and couldn't justifiably have placed higher, but as a song in its own right it makes a nice listen.

Lucie was the only one from 2012 to 2021 that really deserved to go top ten, but I did like this song a lot. It's not competitive in any way and couldn't justifiably have placed higher, but as a song in its own right it makes a nice listen.
I just think 'nice' isn't a word you can use to describe Bonnie's voice since the late 70s.

The microphone only sound feed for her performance of this at the final is PAINFUL

Look who's on the comeback trail! Jaffa Cakes ad AND a memoir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom