Claire Richards - Album 2

Midweek #2!
Claire Richards' achievement of scoring a midweek #2 album in 2023 can be characterized as a significant milestone in her music career, showcasing her popularity in the music industry. It reflects her ability to resonate with a wide audience and demonstrates her continued relevance as an artist.

However, the ignominious deed of the entire Kingdom, where many citizen participated to stream her album, will also stain their history with a collective shame that will not be forgotten for generations to come.

Last edited:
I love that there is a (one-sided) chart battle between Claire from Steps and Alice Cooper in 2023.

She's taking no chances and gone the Steps route by chucking out two digital deluxes with the usual remixes and alternate versions.

Christ, couldn't incessant number 11 debutee, Louise, have released this week instead

She's at #2 and likely to stay there given the nearly 3k sales gap between her and Alice Cooper at #3
She's probably more at risk from The Weeknd about 500 behind again, but I suspect she may cling on.

It doesn't appear to be a particularly soft week, either - she'd have also been #2 last week, and #3 the week before with the same sales in the first midweek.

Despite wanting nothing to do with this album, I still really want her to do well with it because she's clearly lovely. GO ON CLAIRE, SEE OFF THE WEEKND

Only 1,100 behind #1 now. I doubt she will make it given they never could catch up even when they closed midweek gaps, but it looks set for at least #2 and that truly is amazing.

Sadly it’s second week will be painful but who really cares?

Oh well done Claire

I hope she'll continue this creative purple patch with an album of obscure Christmas covers, like Santa Baby.

I feel like there’s meme potential in her flat “So…yeah. Euphoria!” at the end of that clip.

Sales
02 9,857 Claire Richards - Euphoria [6,411 physicals, 2,971 downloads]

Her previous solo album charted at #9 with first week sales of 6104.

…and out of the top 100 in week two :D

It is #10 on sales though, for whatever that’s worth.

…and out of the top 100 in week two :D

It is #10 on sales though, for whatever that’s worth.
:D

Are there any signed copies left? 👀

Louise is still promoting her GH on Instagram - I bet they are piled high in her utility room

Given it was #48 on Monday that’s quite the drop :o

But completely to be expected, her streaming numbers are pretty much nothing and they as a group are a very fan base act, let alone Claire on her own.

A super deluxe was released this week with the remixes from those chart chasing digital editions. An epic Trouser Enthusiasts Remix is unfortunately a little wasted on this mismatched duo:

It was probably not being released anyway but this suggests the Nanas cover of Summer Night City is unlikely to see the light of day anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom