Claire Richards - Album 2

Poor Claire :( It they HAVE to do that wouldn't "Steps star Claire Richards" flow a bit better?

It's almost like a soulless Almighty Mix from the early 00s.

BELLE LAWRENCE SPINNING IN NON-DEAD GRAVE

Why is she doing these? The effect is unfortunately reminiscent of those Nicki French videos.

The budget really has been gutted, even compared to the candle era. I guess releasing via Demon rather than Sony does that.

You would have thought that Claire had enough practice lip syncing with Steps back when:

I like I Surrender but these clips have not been especially enticing.

It's out

On cursory listen most of it is predictably pointless. Xanadu comes the closest to sounding like a classic Steps cover, but it would of course be vastly improved by some inept LSL vocals.

Her hum drum deliverance on these camp classics is iconic. One may sing, but one must emote dear.
I haven’t listened but yes this is what I imagine with this, she’s just singing words well (if you like her voice). That Pat Benatar clip is criminal.

Whilst obviously much more than technically proficient she's just a bit hollow, isn't she?

• Sad
Reactions: Hak
I only really listened because I was curious about her cover of Goodbye To Love. She apes Karen's delivery to such an extent that you just think, why bother? And it's nowhere near as good as the original anyway.

I listened to the first few tracks…bland as fuck

I've cherry picked, and I stand by what I said before. There's no reason to listen to it, as you can imagine what it would sound like and you'd be exactly right.

It's all just so competent, but lacking in any sort of zest or vigour.

Why would you pick Claire Richards over Whitney's sublime So Emotional? I'm not a fan at all really but surely some more obscure choices would have been better realised?

The clips do sound better than the quite sad little videos she has been posting.

Never Felt Love Like This Before feels a bit out of place but it does seem like it will be a foghorn respite.

Why would you pick Claire Richards over Whitney's sublime So Emotional? I'm not a fan at all really but surely some more obscure choices would have been better realised?

You wouldn't, and I really don't care for her 'love can do' but it isn't so slavishly faithful production-wise as some of the other tracks I suppose.

I just popped this on for Mr Ag. His comment was "Jane McDonald"

Her "This Time..." in so fucking karaoke. Honestly K-Llo's was better.

There isn't much new to the title track apart from a dramatic intro and some enunciation but she sounds good. Song for the Lonely suits her pretty well, and out of the eighties big hitters So Emotional actually comes off decently - I think the production/arrangement was well done on that one.

As a whole it has the whiff of karaoke but that is pretty inevitable with the selection of covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom