Claire Richards - Album 2

Apoca

ASCENDENTE
I hope the disco ball emoji is not just BAITING us. Never really bothered with the first album to be honest.

IMG_2337.jpeg

The album is called Euphoria.

It’s a covers album and yes, it’s that song. She’s sung it live over the years at gigs. It also includes I Surrender.

Dear lord at this tracklist:

1. Euphoria - 3:34
  2. Song For The Lonely - 3:21
  3. No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) [feat. Delta Goodrem] - 5:01
  4. So Emotional - 3:44
  5. I Surrender - 4:09
  6. Summer Night City (feat. Andy Bell) - 3:24 - expected July 26.
  7. This Time I Know It's For Real - 2:45
  8. Never Trust A Stranger - 3:40
  9. Gloria - 3:16
  10. Never Knew Love Like This Before - 4:02
  11. Love Is A Battlefield - 3:51
  12. Xanadu - 3:25
  13. Goodbye To Love - 2:44
  14. I Surrender (7th Heaven Remix Edit) - Deluxe Edition - 4:24
  15. No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) [feat. Delta Goodrem / Extended Disco Mix] - Deluxe Edition - 6:14
  16. Never Knew Love Like This Before (Mastercuts Extended Mix) - Deluxe Edition - 6:31
  17. Song For The Lonely (7th Heaven Remix Edit) - Deluxe Edition - 4:21
  18. So Emotional (Le Flex Poolside Remix) - Deluxe Edition - 3:47
  19. Euphoria (Orchestral Mix) - Deluxe Edition - 3:34

This is going to be so much more entertaining than the candle album

It’s her Fabulous :disco:

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Yeah it'll be the Celine song. She's been doing it live in Steps shows for years.

She was using a disco ball emoji and then they're going with a ballad for the lead?

COME ON LOVE!

Here I was hoping it was Laura Pausini's ill-fated but fun English music market attempt (slightly retitled) :disco: :( :D

Perhaps in a postmodern twist, she’s covering Steps’ very own “I Surrender” (Claire’s Version).

I'm sorry but WHAT IS THE POINT

It just feels like a bored rich housewife's vanity project? Like, did you hear that our Mick's arranged for his Linda to record a CD of her favourite songs for her 50th, to make up for the long hours he works away and all the affairs?

Because it's creatively and artistically bankrupt, and surely it's not going to make her ANY CASH. it's something to do though, isn't it. And I guess it's something to pin a small-theatres-and-civic-halls provincial tour around. I don't begrudge her it, I just don't want to listen to it.

I just wish/think she could do better than Claire's Karaoke Classics

• Care
Reactions: Hak

It just feels like a bored rich housewife's vanity project? Like, did you hear that our Mick's arranged for his Linda to record a CD of her favourite songs for her 50th, to make up for the long hours he works away and all the affairs?

Because it's creatively and artistically bankrupt, and surely it's not going to make her ANY CASH. it's something to do though, isn't it. And I guess it's something to pin a small-theatres-and-civic-halls provincial tour around. I don't begrudge her it, I just don't want to listen to it.
65C3E889-BD57-46CD-990D-47A86A0460C7.jpeg

I kind of feel like now I know what's on it, I have no need to ever listen to it.

I think that's unfair.

These are clearly not HER favourite songs.

I imagine she does like Delta Goodrem though.

Hey :oi:

There’s only one person on there belting out No More Tears that I’m interested in, and it ain’t OUR CLAIRE

To be fair, Delta and Faye are practically twins so it won’t be that far removed from when they did it on tour. LSL was there, too :eyes:

Meh. What is the point of this?

Could they have made that backing track sound any cheaper?

“Just put a donk on it… doesn’t matter how limp, the gays will lap it up, they love that sort of thing” :eyes:

I keep thinking this is about the second album from Cliff Richard.

Since you're all wondering, according to Wikipedia, the album was called "Me And My Shadows" and featured the smash single "Gee Whizz It's You", in 1961.

:hostage:

• Love
Reactions: dUb
And why is that information already more interesting than a Claire Richards solo project?

Song for The Lonely :D

I am here for this - that song is quite unknown to the non gay masses in the UK - I hope Radio 2 play it :D

Don't forget its star (and actually quite offensive) turn in a WEIGHT WATCHERS UK advert a decade or so ago :disco:

She's playing a festival in Leeds in August, and I'm loving the awkwardly crowbarred 'From Steps' on this poster...

w660_15745_popworld3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom