Cyprus 2024: Silia Kapsis - Liar

The last 10 seconds of this are really bugging me. It's like the song just runs out of time.

There's a story circulating today in Cyprus that the Cypriot ambassador to Athens has informed Nicosia that ERT told him not to expect big points this year either.

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

:D

I thought ERT sold them the song?

Also the fact that this sort of thing is discussed at a diplomatic level is too fabulous.

:D

I thought ERT sold them the song?

Also the fact that this sort of thing is discussed at a diplomatic level is too fabulous.
No it wasn't even theirs to sell, the two broadcasters have a beef between them so it does make kind of sense for the war to intensify for Eurovision, but at the same time am double checking if what am reading has been posted April 1st or sth.

No it wasn't even theirs to sell, the two broadcasters have a beef between them so it does make kind of sense for the war to intensify for Eurovision, but at the same time am double checking if what am reading has been posted April 1st or sth.
I can’t wait to GASP at 1 jury point for Cyprus from Greece (there was shrieks at last year’s 4!). You know they’ll give something just so there is a reaction.

Love it. This is precisely the sort of drama I do want at Eurovision.

Last edited:
I expect a retaliation from Cyprus this year for last year's 4 points, it was discussed for months after and people felt ⬇️

Hannah Call Out GIF by HannahWitton

Anw it's a Saturday, I suppose no one will bother to denounce the rumour mid weekend, but we'll see.

Head of ERT made a public statement today saying that he told the CY ambassador he was surprised RIK (CyBC) went for a song GR rejected last year, especially given how badly it was ranked among the jurors and wished the song better luck this time. He also said the relations between ERT and CyBC are excellent "this period" :side-eye:.

The Cypriot jury better give Marina twelve :evil:

Last edited:
Head of ERT made a public statement today saying that he told the CY ambassador he was surprised RIK (CyBC) went for a song GR rejected last year, especially given how badly it was ranked among the jurors and wished the song better luck this time. He also said the relations between ERT and CyBC are excellent "this period" :side-eye:.
!!!

Also - did Greece reject Liar last year....? I don't recall it on the list of songs in the initial Greek 2023 thread!

(And MORE FOOL THEM if they did!)

EDIT: I take it back, it was :D

Also - did Greece reject Liar last year....? I don't recall it on the list of songs in the initial Greek 2023 thread!

(And MORE FOOL THEM if they did!)

EDIT: I take it back, it was :D
It was the song the public voted 1st and the jurors second last, the singer of which later on went on to sue ERT and the competition :UngratefulBastards:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom