Cyprus 2024: Silia Kapsis - Liar

Is this real, the way I rushed to post this twitter post with no sources like a Facebook mum.
It is real, but i wouldn't expect people like Tamta to agree going through national selection. It will be held in association with Panik so it's an opportunity for them to get some free exposure for their newcomers and younger relatively unknown artists.

They claimed they’d do that (at one point using the Cypriot version of All Together Now :zombie:) for the past 2 years as well :D
It looks like they're going to shoot this in Athens using the Fame Academy format with castings held in both countries.
A very bad idea as it is guaranteed they'll end up with an amateur.

I fear the Cypriot version of All Together Now won't provide the slut pop provocateurs we need :(

One of the best parts of the 2015 Cyprus National Final was watching Bjorkman staring in horror in the heats a field full of 90s CHEAP EUROPOP and rehashes of Touch My Fire. :D I hope they invite him back for that reason alone. :disco:

Last edited:
I'm surprised they're changing the formula after Lambrou did much better than expected, but given he represented them going outside the box on their domestic music industry I suppose the implication might be that they've run out of people to line up.

Not sure this ^ will be happening after all.
There's was a rumour that ERT sued CyBC :D but now there's a new one that EBU is somehow unhappy with Cy plans to hold their NF in another country and a random tv channel.

That seems like the usual nonsense we get over the summer when there’s no actual news, San Marino held their national final for 2018 in Bratislava of all places :D and Israel’s national finals have been on a different channel for years now

Someone who has inside info (and genuinely seems to, they always get the Cypriot news right) has hinted "SK" and that it's neither Swedish written nor licensed to Panik Records, both of which are unusual recently for Cyprus.

Seems like a good shout! I've also seen (hopefully joking) guesses of Stelios Konstantas of "Feeling Alive" fame :zombie:

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
Someone who has inside info (and genuinely seems to, they always get the Cypriot news right) has hinted "SK" and that it's neither Swedish written nor licensed to Panik Records, both of which are unusual recently for Cyprus.
They mean Silia Kapsis, from diaspora, cause that's the current rumour.

FzI0C0eXsAIsDVQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom