Czech Republic 2024: Aiko - Pedestal

I did think I’d seen a thread already for this!?

I also just had an email from OGAE UK asking if I wanted tickets for it

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpeg
    IMG_0310.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 41
Well the hints about ADONXS came to nothing :D the finalists are:

Aiko
Elly
Lenny
Gianna Lei
MYDY
Tom Sean
Tomas Robin

Seems like the songs will be revealed during the NF itself

Lenny's possibly the biggest name in the line up. I think she previously declined to do Eurovision when she was at peak success.

Quite a few of these are out already. The show is actually tomorrow already :o although I think it's like last year where we don't get a result for a while

Isn’t Czechia like ‘fetch’ in that it’s just never going to happen?
More like a second Trump presidency - there'll be people who try to make it happen, and a fair few people who insist it'll happen, but ultimately it will never happen :disco:

Quite the glow up from last year's livestream from some board room & a malfunctioning powerpoint presentation! :disco:

I’m not sure the acoustics are great for TV :D But yes definitely a step up. You can tell Lenny is a pro, but the song is a bit something Ireland would send to slight acclaim only to not qualify with. I like MYDY:disco:

Well this won:

Terrible choice. They’ll need to start wiping the live performance from the internet, that’s for sure:

Bizarrely, Aiko has somehow won despite not being talked about by basically anyone :D extra surprising given that the vote is 70% ESC fans

Bizarrely, Aiko has somehow won despite not being talked about by basically anyone :D extra surprising given that the vote is 70% ESC fans
She seemed to be the big fan favourite before the live performances, so I guess it goes to show their little vanity project of a national final show is all but irrelevant.

1 - Aiko
2 - Elly (wtf?!)
3 - Mydy
4 - Tom Sean
5 - Lenny
6 - Tomas Robin
7 - Gianna

Apart from last place that is a BIZARRE set of results

Gianna surely needs to be immortalised in that lacksadasical Hak thread actually doesn't she? She looked like she'd been literally dragged from the audience there and then

I quite enjoy this in studio form, but don't need to be re-visiting the live performance

I'm not entirely sure Czech Republic, albeit much improved in recent years, has DELIVERED EVERY SINGLE TIME

(I do think he has a bit of a point though and the nightclub setting wasn't kind to any of the entries. Of all the turds that were on early, it's the one I can see most doing quite well with a significant revamp and time to improve, so let's see! I'm just surprised because it was on first and it barely registered imo)

(I do think he has a bit of a point though and the nightclub setting wasn't kind to any of the entries. Of all the turds that were on early, it's the one I can see most doing quite well with a significant revamp and time to improve, so let's see! I'm just surprised because it was on first and it barely registered imo)
Pretty much everyone suffered at least a bit because of the nightclub setting, but there were those who were fundamentally decent singers that sounded a bit shit, and then there was this...

Aiko apparently got more than 33,000 votes compared to second place’s 7,817 in the ESC fan vote :D there’s no way that was a genuine one vote per person result.

Especially since they had about 20,000 votes in total last year.

I think if she puts the same level of effort into her vocals as she does into aggressively stroking herself, she could be on to a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom