Daily Fail Ghost Writing Scandal

VoR

Take it or leave it
This is bizarre. Noted right-wing talking head Dominique Samuels appears to be having a crisis of conscience and is claiming that articles were ghost-written in her name in order to put a black face to their racist agenda.

I think she's lying, but good for her seeing the light at least I guess.

I think she’s jumping before she’s pushed. I don’t believe she gives one shit about what she’s been asked to put her name to.

I can well imagine that if you’re a struggling aspirant journo straight out of University, the offer of a byline in the UK’s biggest newspaper might lead you to agreeing to something like this.

It’s how I ended up getting all those bylines for the LGB Alliance :(

• Care
Reactions: COB
Is it really that scandalous for a paper to get a ghostwriter in for articles by a fucking YOUTUBER? :D

I mean... is it really that bad? Loads of books are ghost written and no-one gives a shit. As long as the ghost writer and the writer both get paid and know the deal in advance I don't really see a problem.

I mean... is it really that bad? Loads of books are ghost written and no-one gives a shit. As long as the ghost writer and the writer both get paid and know the deal in advance I don't really see a problem.
I think the issue is that they are writing racist articles and then attributing them to a person of colour so that they are less likely to get called out as racist.

My tell all book is going to be ghost written by @Lucille

Lucille when your tell-all is 90% Donald Trump erotic fan fiction.

big-huge.gif[\img{

Given the sums involved I just don't see that ghostwriting would add up as the story here - and also, fundamentally, she was happy to say stuff on these lines all the time elsewhere. I don't remotely buy that this stuff needed ghostwriting for her to be willing to put her name to it.

When you're using a person of colour to write an article with an anti-progressive slant in order to push your agenda, when you're supposed to be a NEWSpaper, yeah I see the problem.

But I wouldn't say I'm shocked. It is the Fail after all. It's just a problem hidden under thousands of other problems. Nothing new here.

She's having a crisis of conscience because she recently took part in a mushroom ceremony as part of a Channel 4 series, and it seems she's really changed her outlook on the world.

If she has had some form of awakening, great, but don’t obfuscate - use what marginal platform you do have for good.

If it wasn’t true, would she not be opening herself up to libel charges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom