Denmark 2024: Saba - Sand

Melanie Wehbe also makes it to ESC after Move didn’t get to go in 2020 :)

Sand wins!

Melanie Wehbe gets a shot at Eurovision glory!

I think with a good draw this could qualify. Possibly with a wasted 20th finish in the final, but will still be nice for Denmark to smell a final again.

The singer looks a bit SERIOUS so looking forward to some dour interviews on the turquoise carpet and the no nonsense attitude to the silly little tik tok games they'll undoubtedly make them play

I really like it (although the bit before the last chorus sounds similar to Tattoo), I think they stand a chance (of making the final) this year !

The singer looks a bit SERIOUS so looking forward to some dour interviews on the turquoise carpet and the no nonsense attitude to the silly little tik tok games they'll undoubtedly make them play
Saba is bipolar and she’s a big spokesperson for a mental health charity. I guess that explains her personality.

Last edited:
I can’t get past having just heard this described as “R&B like Rihanna, Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry” on an unnamed podcast

Anyway it is one of the few songs I like this year, but then I’ve always been a sucker for the R&B stylings of Katy et al

I find this very nice and well sung, but I struggle to imagine who would pick up the phone for it. (Except maybe @dUb )

It also ends on a really boring note.

I can’t get past having just heard this described as “R&B like Rihanna, Nicki Minaj or Katy Perry” on an unnamed podcast
Yes that take confused me as well

Reactions: dUb
I love this. Bellowing the chorus during karaoke is great fun! Also it could truly be from any country, but I'm glad it's good old Denmark finally sending something vaguely competitive :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom