Doughnuts - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Doughy hole sir?

• Total voters

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I was most surprised that my best mate and brother in law both separately revealed they hated doughnuts.

I was honestly FUMIN.

But WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Animation Twerk GIF

I love a sugar strand one the most, because anything with HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS on them is fucking essential.

hundreds_and_thousands_2.jpg

I like doughnuts, but they're not my favorite breakfast/dessert

There was a doughnut place thats pretty famous a few blocks from my apartment. It recently burned down, then was rebuilt, and then mysteriously burnt down again months later

I don’t know why you could HATE them, I suppose done wrong they can be oily and horrid.

I miss jam doughnuts, they don’t do them here. They fill them with red bean paste which is NOT the same

I don’t know why you could HATE them, I suppose done wrong they can be oily and horrid.

I miss jam doughnuts, they don’t do them here. They fill them with red bean paste which is NOT the same
Ewww

I like doughnuts, but they're not my favorite breakfast/dessert

There was a doughnut place thats pretty famous a few blocks from my apartment. It recently burned down, then was rebuilt, and then mysteriously burnt down again months later
BREAKFAST?!?!

Well today I learned that thinking of doughnuts as breakfast is an American thing (a google search confirmed that)

They don't make a good breakfast though since you're hungry an hour later

Custard or vanilla crème for me please :disco:

I am of course going to take this opportunity to complain about the same old thing and are Krispy Kremes crispy? NO THEY ARE NOT PLEASE BAN THEM THIS INSTANT

The dough gets in the way of the topping/filling. And heaven forfend anyone who brings me a plain doughnut

Not the biggest fan but I do like these a lot but rarely have one. We call them gravy rings here though I’m sure they are named differently everywhere else.

1648391454367.jpeg

Yes but it has to be FILLED and have a complementary moistness/TEXTURE OF CRUMB. Most jam doughnuts are terrible - the iced Krispy Kreme raspberry jam one is good (delicate crumb) and the Krispy Kreme dream chocolate one is great (STURDY crumb to complement the LUXURY OF THE FILLING)

I suppose a CINNAMON SUGAR RING can sometimes do but it is often REALLY QUITE DRY

Yes but it has to be FILLED and have a complementary moistness/TEXTURE OF CRUMB. Most jam doughnuts are terrible - the iced Krispy Kreme raspberry jam one is good (delicate crumb) and the Krispy Kreme dream chocolate one is great (STURDY crumb to complement the LUXURY OF THE FILLING)
I don’t think I’ve ever considered the texture of the crumb (:D:disco:). Oh it’s a WHOLE NEW WORLD!

And absolutely NO to a PLAIN SUGAR ONE BY THE SEASIDE

Oh FINE, IF IT'S JUST BEEN COOKED AND IT'S STILL WARM I SUPPOSE

Nothing worse than DRY. Like those awful hard glazed biscuits with pictures on (I may have hallucinated the presence of pictures)
There simply MUST be SOME MOISTURE - I mean COULD YOU IMAGINE not having the human decency to at least give it a SQUIRT OF OLIVE OIL!

I will eat a jam doughnut if it is going but in terms of basic supermarket bakery items I would rather a cookie or muffin.

As a child I found the smell of seaside doughnuts quite vile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom