Doughnuts - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Doughy hole sir?

• Total voters
I will eat a jam doughnut if it is going but in terms of basic supermarket bakery items I would rather a cookie or muffin.

As a child I found the smell of seaside doughnuts quite vile.
Well they do often fry them in the same oil as the chicken nuggets and haddock :(

This reminds me that one of my least favourite smells is OLD AND VERY OBVIOUSLY USED ABOUT FIFTY TIMES OIL

I really like them, and like pizzas, most of the supermarket ones are not very good. Can't remember which year I had the last one.

When I went to New York it really was an eye opener seeing all the sugary snacks on offer.
True but those definitely are meant to be a treat, not something to eat all the time

I don’t know why you could HATE them, I suppose done wrong they can be oily and horrid.

I miss jam doughnuts, they don’t do them here. They fill them with red bean paste which is NOT the same
Oh I quite like red bean paste. One of my favourite novelty food outings is a jaunt to the cake shop (there are more than one but I have my favourite) in Chinatown. Red bean paste AHOY!

They're foul taste-wise, but even worse, those sugary ones are terribly messy to eat. That's a massive NO NO for me.

PROPER OLD FASHIONED BRITISH JAM DOUGHNUT WITH CRUNCHY SUGAR ONLY PLEASE

(not strictly true, would eat any doughnut, but those are the BEST)

Don't get me wrong, I like being in shape, but food is a better quick fix than the sheer effort of exercise.

You can’t even exercise properly (cardio or strength) without eating enough food, including carbs. And only eating “healthy” food is unsustainable and boring and unnecessary

Chocolate Satisfying GIF by Uber Eats

You can’t even exercise properly (cardio or strength) without eating enough food, including carbs. And only eating “healthy” food is unsustainable and boring and unnecessary
I'm definitely in the live to eat camp here. So much food so little time :disco:

I've had way too many lately and it shows. Some of them can be dry and I hate those. My faves are the ones with caramel glaze and caramel filling and they have to be nice and fatty and moist. Wow I just gained weight by typing this.

I’ve had the Oreo flavored one (delicious but sickening) but there’s something horrible about the idea of the sour patch kids one

Meh, once a year or so is fine if they are randomly there, but I’m a savoury girl so would much rather a nice cheese scone

I love a doughnut but one donut and one only with weeks in between. If you start having doughnuts as a regular snack, you're just creating an unsustainable level of decadence.

I'm with Indie and octy. I do like a plain iced ring as well, though.

:ken:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom