Eating out in London - 2023

Jark

User
a lot of people talk about
dining in, and eating out...
I guess that's what this song's about

what are your favourite places to EAT OUT in London? newer spots or old haunts - does anyone have any HARD RECOMMENDS for me? I'm going in a couple of weeks and really want to make the most of it, since Amsterdam's food scene is... not quite comparable :eyes:

so far I've booked a table at Jacuzzi (I love their sister restaurant Ave Mario, and still want to try Circolo Popolare some time)
image.jpg

also at Manteca Shoreditch, which has been on my list a while...

and I want to try Bao Mary, the new Bao with a dumplings focus in Marylebone. open to more CLASSY GIRL EATERY TIPS! :disco:

this is my full list of dinner places I've been or want to go:

01. Bubala, Soho (Middle Eastern, plant-based dishes)
02. Robata, Soho (Japanese tapas + sushi)
03. Tatale, Southwark (African)
04. The Tamil Prince, Islington (Indian gastropub)
05. Bao, Borough Market (Bao buns)
06. YORI, Covent Garden (Korean BBQ)
07. Arcade Food Hall, Tott Court Rd (many cuisines)
08. Paradise, Soho (Sri Lankan)
09 The Freak Scene, Parsons Green (Southeast Asian)
10. Bao Mary, Marylebone (Bao, dumplings)
11. Jolene, Dalston (Bakery/chic cafe-diner)
12. Manteca, Shoreditch (Italian)
13. Casa do Frango, Shoreditch (Portuguese tapas)
14. Lisboeta (Portuguese, Marylebone)
15. Padella (Pasta, Borough Market)
16. Campania & Jones (Rustic Italian, Shoreditch/Hackney)
17. Brawn (Mediterranean, ££-£££, Shoreditch/Hackney)
18. Fatt Pundit (Indo-Chinese fusion, Covent Garden)
19. Circolo Popolare (Glam Italian trattoria, Fitzrovia)
20. Chungdam (Korean BBQ, Soho)
21. Kiln (Thai grill, Soho)
22. Ploussard (French-inspired and natural wine, Clapham)
23. The Pelican (Elevated pub food, Portobello Rd)
24. Gold, Notting Hill (Diverse European and late-night bar, Portobello Rd)

I'm desperate to try Campania & Jones but it's always booked and I also need to eat something that's not Italian

I’m a pretty basic bitch with food, and the fact that I don’t eat any seafood becomes a problem. My friends just like expensive steakhouses for anything “special” - I find Hawksmoor overrated but do like Smith & Wollensky.

Anyway, for an affordable central place I do love Arcade Food Hall at Tottenham Court Road as a pre-theatre treat.

I'm terrible at remembering the names of places I've been to.

This has become a bit of a regular suggestion for friends though. It's essentially tapas but it's Peruvian and exciting and there's a really lovely bar downstairs whose margaritas are 👌 - https://www.limalondon.com/floral

And this one is great for veggies - https://www.ibericarestaurants.com/

Caravan might seem a bit more basic bitch from the outside, but the price is right and meals are delicious. The rustic feel is done great, not tacky - https://caravanandco.com/pages/bankside

Do NOT go to the famous sex themed restaurant in Soho (Naked?), it’s shite.

Ok babs, I think I’ve been to: Bubala, Bao, Paradise, Casa do Frango, Kiln. I adored Paradise and Kiln especially. If you want a list of things I liked recently, I can have a think.

Dining out in lahdidah places in Central London is only mildly acceptable if you're not concerned about the bill or you book via First Table, otherwise the service and value for money ratio is LAUGHABLE. I just want to SET FIRE to every restaurant that bills itself as a TAPAS place.

Pierre Victorie in Soho still does a fucking solid French set lunch and dinner menu for a reasonable price. It's either that or ramen/laksa/Chinese for me if I'm caught in central London WITHOUT A VOUCHER. Otherwise, not worth it.

a lot of people talk about
dining in, and eating out...
I guess that's what this song's about

what are your favourite places to EAT OUT in London? newer spots or old haunts - does anyone have any HARD RECOMMENDS for me? I'm going in a couple of weeks and really want to make the most of it, since Amsterdam's food scene is... not quite comparable :eyes:

so far I've booked a table at Jacuzzi (I love their sister restaurant Ave Mario, and still want to try Circolo Popolare some time)
image.jpg

also at Manteca Shoreditch, which has been on my list a while...

and I want to try Bao Mary, the new Bao with a dumplings focus in Marylebone. open to more CLASSY GIRL EATERY TIPS! :disco:

Jacuzzi is good (it’s by my house so I went just after it opened). The portions are huge which can be a bit of a battle with their rather small tables. It’s got a nice atmosphere but look out for those only there for a selfie.

I wondered about that place. Do people eat in the nip?

Ok babs, I think I’ve been to: Bubala, Bao, Paradise, Casa do Frango, Kiln. I adored Paradise and Kiln especially. If you want a list of things I liked recently, I can have a think.
yes PLEASE!

Dining out in lahdidah places in Central London is only mildly acceptable if you're not concerned about the bill or you book via First Table, otherwise the service and value for money ratio is LAUGHABLE. I just want to SET FIRE to every restaurant that bills itself as a TAPAS place.

Pierre Victorie in Soho still does a fucking solid French set lunch and dinner menu for a reasonable price. It's either that or ramen/laksa/Chinese for me if I'm caught in central London WITHOUT A VOUCHER. Otherwise, not worth it.
I do TEND to agree. “We recommend 2-3 small plates per person” and the plates are £20 a pop? Kindly fuck off

I do like a bit of Six by Nico though

I went to London this summer and stayed in Shoreditch. I am trying to remember some of the places we went:

Gloria
Delamina East
The Barbary

I'll try to remember the others. The Barbary was probably my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom