Eurovision 2022 news (Turin on the 10th-14th May)

Has this year really been that much of a disaster?

We're not getting the full functionality of the kinetic sun. But neither did we get the hydraulic stage in Lisbon or the VR/chandelier thing in Kyiv. And we were lucky to even get a show in 2017 given how bad the organisation was.
Yes but those weren't quite as obvious as this year's problem.

1_stageJPG.jpg

Has this year really been that much of a disaster?

We're not getting the full functionality of the kinetic sun. But neither did we get the hydraulic stage in Lisbon or the VR/chandelier thing in Kyiv. And we were lucky to even get a show in 2017 given how bad the organisation was.
It is farcical comparing the ‘kinetic’ sun to Lisbon and Kyiv.

Can I recommend this hour-long documentary podcast? It’s very well produced, has contributions from people like Christer Björkman, Katrina, JOWST, Dr Eurovision and the brunette from Sweet Dreams, and talks a lot of sense about the UK (e.g. it’s not afraid to ridicule Wogan). It also gives some background to the BBC’s thought processes since 2003 and explains the mystery of who Simon Proctor is. It’s refreshing to listen to a documentary by someone who has clearly watched the 2003 Liquid Eurovision.

(Also listen to dUb/VoR’s podcast of course).

I’m a bit scared for all the performers vis a vis covid now tbh!

I was going to start a “who do you want to qualify tonight?” thread but then I watched the semi 1 recap and HOLY SHIT what a rubbish semi.

Literally it’s just about Greece and Austria and… is that it? There are some I’d rather see through than others but jesus

I was going to start a “who do you want to qualify tonight?” thread but then I watched the semi 1 recap and HOLY SHIT what a rubbish semi.

Literally it’s just about Greece and Austria and… is that it? There are some I’d rather see through than others but jesus

Netherlands and Portugal unless you are void of any feelings or emotion.

To say it’s the shit semi there’s still a lot I like.

Albania, Ukraine, Netherlands, Portugal, Austria and Greece are all Soldi faves.

Yeah this. I'm still getting mega excited coz Eurovision but that's tempered by not really caring about anything in this semi.

While I wonder if dear sister Chrissy has ever listened to Sexy Eyes by Whigfield (:disco:)…

What did we think of the presenters?
Mika seemed the most put-together and had a bit of life in him, without being that knowing queen from Tel Aviv

Laura was giving me “it was Agatha all along, also she got pissed at lunch”

The other guy was a bit of a spare part

Weird to think that (I think) Oslo was only the second show to have more than two hosts and much fuss was made about it, but now I think it’s only the two Swedish shows since that have had less than 3

Laura getting flustered over her inability to pronounce the word ‘sixth’ was quite endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom