Everything But The Girl - Missing

Step off the train...

• Total voters
I still love this obviously, but sometimes I think Walking Wounded might be even better.

This is easily the most devastating song I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

It makes me feel so many things I really don’t ever want to feel.

Tracey’s voice takes you places doesn’t it. As if the lyrics weren’t personal enough, she just pushes the stake in further with her delivery…

Tracey’s voice takes you places doesn’t it. As if the lyrics weren’t personal enough, she just pushes the stake in further with her delivery…

Absolutely. And what makes it even more spectacular is she’s barely doing anything at all, really. She knew she had to keep this as direct as possible, and so she does. With very little effort she manages to capture such a rich emotional body. Every word has maximum impact with her delivery.

“Can I confess / I’ve been hanging around your old address” and the lyrics that follow cut like a knife. Utterly bizarre but ultimately capturing a heartbreak capable of driving a person to insanity. Just a constant loop of pain and anguish. A feeling that ultimately takes away any sense of joy and purpose.

And as per the above, I do not revisit this song often. You don’t play a song like Missing, it’ll play you. And when you know, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom