Favourite original Power Ranger

Who is your favourite original Power Ranger?

• Total voters

Iguana

If I only could...
1664288802849.png

JASON (Red Ranger)

1664288847651.png

KIMBERLY (Pink Ranger)

1664288866272.png

BILLY (Blue Ranger)

1664288907572.png

ZACK (Black Ranger :eyes:)

1664288930622.png

TRINI (Yellow Ranger :eyes:)

1664289012039.png

TOMMY (Green/White Ranger)

1664289072873.png

Fun? Fact that everyone probably knows: In the original Japanese version the yellow ranger was a man. That's why Trini doesn't wear a skirt but Kimberly does.

as a child, I remember noticing the Yellow Ranger being a bit FLAT CHESTED.

I barely remember much about this other than the dog shit storylines and action sequences. Looking at those photos Jason has big cuck energy.

Jason
Kimberly
Trini (dead now, of course)
Tommy
Billy
Zack

Factor in the replacement rangers and it’s:

Adam
Jason
Kimberly
Aisha
Katherine
Trini
Tommy
Billy
Zack
Ninjor
Rocky

Last edited:
Jason
Kimberly
Trini (dead now, of course)
Billy
Zack

Factor in the replacement rangers and it’s:

Adam
Jason
Kimberly
Aisha
Katherine
Trini
Billy
Zack
Ninjor
Rocky

but where would you rank convicted MURDERER (in real life) Cole?

but where would you rank convicted MURDERER (in real life) Cole?
Oh, Wild Force was the fucking WORST. I hate that he was the incumbent red ranger in Forever Red so he got centre stage.

Still better than the Megaforce and Samurai red rangers, even though he's an actual murderess.

That was his dragon armour; he was the sixth ranger so he got to be special. He was already banging Kimberly, I don't know how much more special you need to be.

besides, look at those thighs. I always expected more butt shots when he showed up.

I remember being obsessed with Tommy when I was a kid. That was when I realised I was gay. What a guy.

I recently watched a few repeats of the original series and despite some questionable visuals (cardboard buildings :eyes: ) what a TREAT.

My favourite episode was the one where they all forget it was Zack's birthday and leave him to fight the putty patrol by himself. What a great bunch of friends. :)
I think they threw him a party at the end to celebrate him not being violently killed while doing all the work himself.

I suppose the others were too busy with a deaf girl they're best friends with, who'll get their enthusiastic support at a gymnastics competition and then leave the series, never to be spoken of again.

I remember as a kid noticing the visual quality difference in the episodes where the (unmorphed) Rangers were in lovely sunny Angel Grove, then they morphed and it was all grey landscapes and grainy Zord footage. But I had no idea what they were actually doing.

I still find it fascinating just how much of the show was spliced together from Japanese footage. And then, when they ran out, started filming more but only with the costumes that were still available. So, a lot of the giant battles in series two couldn't have the Thunder Megazord actually make contact with the creature because they didn't have the right resources to create those. Plus there was that ropey old fabric chestplate they created for the American Green Ranger footage because the original was unavailable.

The way they fired the actors who played Jason, Zack and Trini and used stock footage/dubbed voiceovers for several months is still ABSURD :D

I thought they quit? As for the dubbed voiceovers, wasn't is just done once when they said goodbye during a RIDICULOUS scene filmed from afar at a weird angle with actors who weren't OBVIOUSLY them?

found it!

I thought they quit? As for the dubbed voiceovers, wasn't is just done once when they said goodbye during a RIDICULOUS scene filmed from afar at a weird angle with actors who weren't OBVIOUSLY them?

I think the implication is that they didn't quit so much as ask for more money (because the show was making millions) and were promptly told where they could go. Though they may well have walked, regardless.

There were seven episodes between the last one featuring original footage of Jason, Trini and Zack and them actually being replaced as Power Rangers by Rocky, Adam and Aisha. Everything in-between had soundalike (:eyes:) voice actors for the morphed scenes and used archive footage for the unmorphed scenes (though there were some where stand-ins were shot from the side/back):

Even eight year old me who just took the whole thing at face-value noticed Trini's stand-in during their final episode :D

I think the implication is that they didn't quit so much as ask for more money (because the show was making millions) and were promptly told where they could go. Though they may well have walked, regardless.

There were seven episodes between the last one featuring original footage of Jason, Trini and Zack and them actually being replaced as Power Rangers by Rocky, Adam and Aisha. Everything in-between had soundalike (:eyes:) voice actors for the morphed scenes and used archive footage for the unmorphed scenes (though there were some where stand-ins were shot from the side/back):

Even eight year old me who just took the whole thing at face-value noticed Trini's stand-in during their final episode :D

Originally, all six of the main cast had agreed to quit if they were refused a pay increase, but Billy, Kimberly and Tommy all backed out at the last minute so the other three took the fall on their own. Jason has been in it loads since, so clearly he got over it fairly quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom