Films that used to be on TV all the time but are now seemingly forgotten

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
With the reboot of Fletch coming up, this got me remembering other films of the same ilk. Ones usually from the 80s and early 90s that used to be frequently aired on terrestrial TV, but I can’t for the life of me remember the last time they popped up, and they’d never be streamed on a mainstream service.

And who remembers this being called FILOFAX?

This could never be forgotten because of Goldie Hawn, but wasn’t Protocol aired on ITV practically every few months?

This, which was basically Freaky Friday - Male Edition

Ah, now that is still regularly shown on Film Four and the Sony Movies channels. I swear I saw it playing just a few weeks ago. Like Father, Like Son with Dudley Moore however, not so much.

It will never be forgotten by me, but I rarely hear anyone mention Heart And Souls (1993) which felt like it was on TV every week during the late 90s/early 2000s

There are others that were on constantly, but none of them are forgotten: Parenthood (maybe a bit?), A League Of Their Own, Steel Magnolias, Mrs. Doubtfire, Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, the Vacation movies

5b4e426251dfbe23008b45c5

It will never be forgotten by me, but I rarely hear anyone mention Heart And Souls (1993) which felt like it was on TV every week during the late 90s/early 2000s

There are others that were on constantly, but none of them are forgotten: Parenthood (maybe a bit?), A League Of Their Own, Steel Magnolias, Mrs. Doubtfire, Romy & Michele's High School Reunion, the Vacation movies

Heart & Souls qualifies but the rest not at ALL. With reboots, musicals, a TV series for ALOTO and most being on streaming services! Not in any way forgotten.

Another Robert Downey Jr early one:

Heart & Souls qualifies but the rest not at ALL. With reboots, musicals, a TV series for ALOTO and most being on streaming services! Not in any way forgotten.

I know, that's why I said none are forgotten :D

Funnily enough these used to be on a lot, but not so much anymore.

It's true John, the BBC doesn't show your output. Because it's dated tripe.

Short Circuit 2 was pulled out quite a lot, probably more than the original. I think one of the lead characters is a bit...erm, problematic.

An absolute staple in the video rental shop and ALWAYS on TV. Can’t say I’ve seen it mentioned anywhere for at least 20 years.

I remember a website from a few years ago that listed films and tv shows and the date they first premiered on TV and every subsequent date they were shown again afterwards. I just can't remember the name. :shy:

Also, Big Business!

Weird Science! Just remembered that. Classic midweek 11pm film in the early 90s.

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle played at least once a month on this side of the pond and it's the best of the 90s domestic thrillers. Rebecca De Mornay is fucking fabulous and it's easy to believe that Rosamund Pike is influenced by her.

"When your husband makes love to you, it's my face he sees. Look at you... you can't even breathe." :disco:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom