First & last Madonna record you bought

First: True Blue on cassette - 1986
Last: Finally Enough Love rainbow vinyl box set - 2023

first - I feel it was American Life on CD. however I distinctly remember either my mum or brother having Beautiful Stranger on cassette. both deny it now but I WAS THERE!!!

presumably there was also a CD of Immaculate Collection in my household, since I grew up knowing only those versions of all the early hits. the next was a bootlegged copy of Confessions (:D) that eventually got eaten by the CD player in my dad's car.

I don't think I own any Madonna physicals now, but I do want to get Erotica/RoL/Confessions on vinyl in the year ahead.

I lied - I do have Hard Candy and Confessions on CD. Hard Candy must have some of the ugliest art direction ever. :disco:

I struggle to remember. I *think* it's this...

First: Live To Tell 7"
Last: Finally Enough Love 3CD (well, I only ever listened to the first 2, I assume there's a third CD)

First- Holiday on 7” (first release)
Last- Finally Enough Love box set (first release)

First myself: Take A Bow CD single
Last: If we are talking physical then it must be Confessions..

First was the Like A Virgin single. I had seen it on TOTP and asked my mum what a virgin is. I didn’t get an answer as I recall (was still way too young).

Last was the Finally Enough Love 3CD boxset (honourable mention to a Celebration tour ticket and Dita t-shirt).

First: Madonna (Remastered) on CD in 2002 or 2003. I think I bought them all on CD chronologically until COADF
Last: Rebel Heart on iTunes digital download in 2015

Before any of that I think I rented Music from a local library and burned a CD copy of it :D

First: my godmother bought me the Ray of Light album when I was 9 :disco: the first from my own (pocket) money was Beautiful Stranger

Last: Finally Enough Love

The first ones I remember dancing to in the playground ("Why are you dancing to her?!? She's so old!" Kids can be so cruel, petty and ignorant) were Frozen and Don't Tell Me, and at the time I stole my older sister's copy of Music. But because of nascent gay shame I wouldn't go into a shop to buy a record of hers until Get Together on my Packard Bell MP3. I also got my straight friend to burn a CD of Confessions. My most recent is Finally Enough Love

First time I saw Molly? 1998 Ray of Light. Mother (as in my mother) had been sent out to buy it for me and returned with both RoL and Bedtime Stories, which was either free or heavily discounted.

Last time I joined the padday? Yeaah, it was Madame X. I'm a spotify queen these days, but I think I'd like a vinyl player and will want the whole Madge catalogue to Celebrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom