Football 2022-23

Jark

User
do we have any interest in a thread for this or am I the only one? :D

Antonio Conte's absolutely epic rant/meltdown press conf at the weekend after Spurs went from 3-1 up to draw 3-3 to bottom-placed Southampton is really an all timer and a masterclass in taking shots at the people you work with

"they don't want to play under pressure, they don't want to play under stress!" *laughs* "and Tottenham's story is this, 20 years and they never won something! but why?" :disco:

could be fired by tomorrow. which he clearly wants. meanwhile arsenal opening up a big lead at the top, which as an arsenal fan is incredibly delicious to see. the team is the youngest in the league and we're playing brilliant football every week :disco:

Last edited:
We’ve fucked up our chances in the title race over the past week or two :evil:

*starts FA Cup semi-finals thread instead*

Conte's rant is amazing. He is surely sacked - even the players are publicly asking WTF.

@Soldi - could we make it a more general Football 22-23 thread? That way we can discuss the infinitely more interesting and competitive EFL. The Championship promotion race is coming to a particularly interesting stage.

*tumbleweed*

You can if you want, why do you need my permission? :D

:D

could we have a separate football thread if there's demand? I'd love to keep this premier league focused. but can change if there's only demand for one thread.

could we have a separate football thread if there's demand? I'd love to keep this premier league focused. but can change if there's only demand for one thread.
Or this...

I'm going to bed :shy:

Oh I thought you started it babes! haha

@Jark or @Moderator - pls change title

I don't know what I am doing
i-dont-think-i-belong-here.gif

You started a Premier League 2022-23 thread in late March 2023. I'm not sure there's even demand for as many as one thread.

You started a Premier League 2022-23 thread in late March 2023. I'm not sure there's even demand for as many as one thread.
well it would be updated when the next season begins hun :D as you probably know, football NEVER EVER ENDS. it goes ON AND ON AND ON AND ON.

I'm glad the football banter thread is back, it really is just like being down the local pub (lolly).

Conte is someone who I do generally rate as a manager, I think he's Chelsea's best coach of the PL era after Mourinho, but he's absolutely taken the piss out of Spurs this season and it can't all be down to the players. I'm amazed they're still 4th!

There's been far too much awful, boring football where the game plan seems to be to play well for about 15mins and grind out the rest and he's just a miserable, surly bastard. It makes me laugh how much better they've looked when Cristian Stellini has stepped in for him, it's like a weight has been lifted.

I'm amazed they're still 4th!
I swear they can lose three or four games straight and then grind out some miserable 1-1 draws and somehow always still 4th. then again the only team who's shown any real interest in challenging lately is Liverpool. Newcastle can no longer score, Chelsea are a fucking sad excuse for a team and United somehow finishing third would be a joke considering they've barely improved.

Would have been a much more comfortable second half had Grealish not missed that easy chance.

It's always nice to win against a "big" team away from home. *promptly loses 5-0 to North Macedonia*

and don't we LOVE TO SEE IT!

they're saying Pochettino to Chelsea now (Chelsea being the only big side in WORSE shape than Spurs right now) :eyes: this managerial merry-go-round is insane lately. nobody gets appointed with any PLAN, it's all PANIC PANIC.

Nobody gets appointed with any PLAN, it's all PANIC PANIC.
Hey TOTTENHAM don't DRIVE ERRATIC (HEY!) *car plummets off cliff* :disco:

Minorly gutted to see Arsenal throwing it away slowly over the last three weeks, as it really WOULD have made quite the nice change in contrast to those financial dopers just taking it on home for yet another season, but I'll take the utter collapse of 2-3 of the big players of the last decade this season if nothing else.

The final day of the season is nearly here with Everton, Leicester and Leeds looking to stay in the Premier League.

My voice twin Sean Dyche's Everton are in pole position to stay up, 2 points clear and with a winnable home game against Bournemouth.

Leicester, managed by Walsall legend Dean Smith, somehow pulled off a 0-0 draw on Monday night against Newcastle despite barely leaving their own half, giving them a glimmer of hope if they beat West Ham at home and Everton fail to win.

Large Samuel's Leeds are big underdogs, having picked up just 1 point in 3 games since the gravy chugger was appointed manager. They face Conference League chasers Spurs, where the wheels seem to have completely come off, needing to win, have Everton lose and Leicester fail to win.

Who's staying up, gays and token straights?

No idea, I’m too busy looking forward to losing to City in the FA Cup final :disco:

glad Everton managed to stay up. disappointed that Crystal Palace finished 11th after about SIX MONTHS in 12th. very happy with Arsenal's season on balance.

I just really hope City don't do the treble. a shock Inter victory next Saturday would be FABULOUS

Despite having a good mate who's a Leeds fan I'm glad they went down, and fuck Leicester.

The teams coming up are all proper interesting, hard to imagine Luton and Shef Utd doing anything other than going straight back down.

Yeah. I hope they get stuffed in the champions league final, but I don't think they will.

7-0 what a match to have gone to :disco:

I didn't even know England were playing, but it's like watching a Premier league team play a part time Sunday league team. It's an easy group to qualify from.

Macedonia aren’t THAT bad. They beat Germany in the WC qualifiers last year and knocked Italy out in the play-offs. This was their biggest ever defeat!

Last edited:
Macedonia aren’t THAT bad. They beat Germany in the WC qualifiers last year and knocked Italy out in the play-offs. This was their biggest ever defeat!

They also qualified for the Euros last time around.

Mind you, "biggest ever" feels a little shallow if you also note they've played fewer than 100 competitive games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom