France 2024: Slimane - Mon amour

He's literally one of the biggest pop singers in the country :disco:
He was already rumoured for last year before they ultimately went with La Zarra.
Apparently the song will be revealed tonight and is called "Mon Amour" a title which brings unnecessary memories of Tom Leeb's "Mon Alliée" :bruised:

He's literally one of the biggest pop singers in the country :disco:
He was already rumoured for last year before they ultimately went with La Zarra.
Apparently the song will be revealed tonight and is called "Mon Amour" a title which brings unnecessary memories of Tom Leeb's "Mon Alliée" :bruised:
With Vitaa PLEASE.

Oh and I LOVE this one:

I literally have zero knowledge of his solo stuff :D

What’s the earliest before the contest we’ve ever had a song released?

Impressive vocals but not convinced it’s a huge televote pull. Should do well with the juries though!

Impressive vocals but not convinced it’s a huge televote pull. Should do well with the juries though!
I'd say how well it plays with the public very much depends on what else is on offer in terms of heartfelt male ballads. I think within that genre it sounds like it could be strong.

I wonder what Vasil makes of him ripping off him ripping off Dotter with his glitterball top :(

I rarely ever have an issue with Eurovision entries leaning into clichés, but this one contains so many, each one is more turgid than the next. :zombie:

I really like it. The melody line in the chorus really reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on yet, though.

Oh, it does get a little too overwrought at the end for me though.

Feels a bit odd that they’ve dropped both the artist and song on the same day out of nowhere, six months before the contest.

It's a bit DREARY isn't it? Should have just sent La Zarra again with a bedazzled baguette.

This will definitely come to life with a live performance as his vocals sound stellar. Expect it to do better than La Zarra due to the fact he doesn’t seem like a hateful cunt :D

:LaZarra:

This will definitely come to life with a live performance as his vocals sound stellar. Expect it to do better than La Zarra due to the fact he doesn’t seem like a hateful cunt :D

:LaZarra:

No one will ever sit on you!

Screenshot_20230425_193514_Chrome-removebg-preview (1).png

France borrowing heavily from the Italian playbook - wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up top 5 - that vocal will carry the song (which is quite pedestrian) quite far.

I was thinking I'd probably prefer it if it was a raspy voiced Italian tripping over syllables, because yes, it's an obvious comparison.

There's always an audience for this type of song, and I think it's usually underestimated.

I really like it. The melody line in the chorus really reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on yet, though.
Strangely it's the vocal melody in the chorus of this Sanremo adjacent certified banger.

I'm not caught up this year yet. How is it shaping up for heartfelt male ballads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom