Halloween Ends

Vote

• Total voters
1665153943648.jpeg

I love how the all-caps caption makes it seem like JLC can't wait to never see or speak to her again :D

Shite. But slightly better than Smile which I just saw back to back.

What was weird is that both films were rated 18. I even got a reminder email from the cinema after booking about the age rating for some odd reason. I’d put them both at maybe a hard 12 or low 15.

After Kills my interest in this is muted, and the reviews don't help.

I need a selective canon reboot which brings everything back into continuity since this one really fizzled after the genuinely spectacular 2018 movie.

I've decided to do a rate of the Halloween movies (coming #soon) and I might throw in my plan for bringing everything into one continuity. III is going to prove a challenge...

• Love
Reactions: COB
My theory - all the other films are what you see and experience while wearing an activated Silver Shamrock mask (just before... well, you know what).

AMAZING!

Like a John Hughes/80s teen movie by the way of a Halloween movie.

I can see why people hate it though :D The couple in front of me were huffing and puffing that it wasn’t it was a slashathon

I'm a few minutes into this and I have a question:

In 1978, Michael murdered a couple of Laurie's friends and her response was to become a militant hermit, living in a fortress and putting herself through COMBAT TRAINING despite Michael actually being locked up in a maximum security prison.

In 2018, Michael murders her daughter, son-in-law and half the town, and her response is to become a domestic goddess and live without any protection despite the fact that he's STILL ON THE LOOSE.

WHY did they kill the daughter in the last film? The thing Laurie spent her life trying to avoid ended up happening anyway, so how does the response of just getting on with life make ANY SENSE AT ALL?

My review of the film:

Absolute fucking GARBAGE. Hated it. 4 and 5 piss all over it; fucking RESURRECTION is better than it. It's an insult to the series and an act of supreme arrogance from the cunts who made it that they call it 'Ends', as if this insipid, nonsensical, atrociously written fucking melodrama is an appropriate or deserving conclusion to the series.

Nothing made sense. Most of the plot was rendered pointless well before the end and Michael is BARELY FUCKING IN IT (Except for when he's being bossed around by Scrappy Fucking Doo). Zero tension, zero stakes, a totally unearned ending and some truly shitty dialogue strewn throughout.

If you've not seen it, don't bother. The series ended at H20 as far as I'm concerned; Keri Tate had the DEFINITIVE climactic smackdown with Michael and she had the good grace to actually be put through the ringer in that film so it felt like the culmination to a movie as opposed to a quick scuffle they tacked on at the end because they'd run out of FUCKING BULLSHIT I was A Teenage Serial Killer subplot.

Who the fuck was Corey? Why the fuck was Corey? What was literally ANYONE's motivation in this film? What was the tone supposed to be? Not one plot strand actually made sense and I can't even say the kills were good because they were all boring or offscreen.

I'd say it's hard to imagine a movie less worthy of the Halloween name, then I remember Kills and Rob Zombie exist.

I can't really think of anything negative to say other than these few minor niggles.

Did Kyle shine? That’s all I care about

I saw H20 when I was a teenager in the cinema and I liked it in a fun-slasher kind of way. It's only recently that I've rewatched it and it's actually a great film with character development and a TOUR DE FORCE perf by Jamie Lee.

I kind of don't want to watch any of these because that ending was perfect.

If you can’t bare seeing anything other than the story H20 tells then don’t bother.

Last edited:
Oh god I didn't even bother yet with Halloween Kills.

H20 really did end things perfectly - a nice and neat 20 years after, everything wrapped up in a satisfying way and came out during that sweet spot for slashers post-Scream where it borrowed all the good bits of that time but was still Halloween.

I'm far less bothered about pointless remakes now, a bit like the charts, you can't change that tide, but none of this trilogy was necessary was it :D

@jivafox giving me vague hope now. Even though I'm in no rush

Absolutely gross that H20 is closer to the original than to the present day, by nearly HALF A DECADE :bruised:
I watched H20 again last night. It really is an EXCELLENT film; taut running time, a low but impactful body count, Laurie with LAYERS, Janet Leigh, suspense worthy of the original movie, that dwarf with the MASSIVE nose giving mutants everywhere the hope that they, too, could one day bang Jodi Lyn O'Queef, and (as long as we pretend Resurrection and the last two decades didn't happen) THE definitive ending.

what a fucking stupid movie.

waste of time. And people have the nerve to criticize Marvel.

I mean it’s out on streaming so the fact that it did that well was surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom