Hilariously awful pop music

JET BOY

PERVERSE
Songs that are SO BAD they are (generally) unintentionally quite funny. So bad its good I guess.

Cascada's seminal reading of "Just Like A Pill" verges dangerously into PARODY territory. Surely somebody somewhere was having a laugh with this (like much of Cascada's ENTIRE CAREER). Secretly I absolutely love it -

Last edited by a moderator:
Kakko and "We Should Be Dancing" is an EVERGREEN CLASSIC, now with LUDICROUS OFFICIAL VIDEO on youtube (but the live performance is well amazing too) -

Official -

LIVE -

The ultimate for me is Loose Chippins. I just can't believe someone somewhere believed this was going to be successful. The girls are just ROTTEN and the song is RANK. I love it so much.

Whitney Houston's entirely imagined transsexual half sister/cousin (depending on the DAY) noted superstar (in her own mind) ALEXIS HOUSTON and her infamous This Morning appearance, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN, WHY IS HER DANCER DOING THE WINDMILL -

The ultimate for me is Loose Chippins. I just can't believe someone somewhere believed this was going to be successful. The girls are just ROTTEN and the song is RANK. I love it so much.

Fucking NORMSKI?

"Inspiration" is well better, obviously. LAWL.

Last edited:

Jeanette tries and fails to look SEXY

"Rockin' on heavens floor
Get the angels freakin' more and more" :disco:

I've always found everything about this little gem hilarious too.

From the 26 flashing up at the start, to the half arsed dancing to the really terrible miming. Everything about it is so amateur that it's just brilliant.

OH MY GOD, I have been wanted to see that video for YEARS! I caught the end of it once on MTV hits when I was about 12 and never saw it again, and its never been on youtube until NOW. I can't wait to watch it.

Loose Chippin's had another modern day classic with "Inspiration", I was literally agog when I first watched thios, I couldn't believe or fathom how it came to be MADE in the first place -

In a sense I can understand the thinking behind THIS one:

Let's face it, the cheap-pop market was FLOODED during the 90's and about 95% of the tracks were ignored/forgotten. But I wager most people at least remember this one.

That said, I do NOT understand what the idea was behind THIS one:

HA, I love Flee Fly Flo.

:disco: EVERYBODY :disco:
"Come on and come on and come on and FIST HER..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LTZ
Anybody for a bit of Scotlands PREMIERE girl band LEMONESCENT? They somehow released about 10 singles, all ENTIRELY different. One of them, a ballad called "Beautiful" was actually quite good, this track a sort of jungle/drum and bass slut wannabe anthem "Sex Dance (Swing My Hips" WAS NOT -

How did they manage to go for so long? I NEVER UNDERSTOOD.

I'm sure I can think of some horrors, but I must say "Rockin on Heaven's Floor" is the best song title I've ever heard :D

The first company I worked for promoted Lemonescent, and even I thought they were awful when I was 19 and had an even lower taste threshold than I do now. Everyone in the office knew they were doomed when even I couldn't stick them.

Lemonscent were amazingly shit. They would be in HMV in Argyle St literally every week signing something, ANYTHING. They were there more often than the staff.

Naturally I have their album (SIGNED).

I'm sure I can think of some horrors, but I must say "Rockin on Heaven's Floor" is the best song title I've ever heard :D

It is the sort of title which could only come out of GERMANY.

Britney's rarely heard, very obvious ode to anal sex anybody? The lyrics genuinely are -

I know this place
It’s still a secret
And I don’t think you’ve ever been
It’s kinda hard
To find the entrance
You need some juice
But you’ll love it once you get in
This special place it’s in the basement
You have to work your way around
The place is hot and then it’s pumping
So are you ready to go down?

I wonder whether she EVEN REALISED. Sadly it wasn't a single, not even in Asia -

In terms of taking it up the arse anthems, Lisa Scott-Lee's Sleazy takes some beating.

Anyone remember Cliff Richard protégé and noted RobotBoy conquest BARRATT WAUGH?

Possibly the most uncool music video ever made. I love that the highlight of it is them turning the blender on without the lid on whilst making a smoothie. Those crazy kids!

The funniest thing about the whole project was the fact that the main selling point was that he was endorsed by Cliff Richard. I think it's safe to say that Barratt and Cliff must have had a very special relationship.

Any self-respecting gay that has never seen this video needs to stop what they are doing RIGHT NOW and watch this video, this is about as good as this particularly genre gets. Former 3LW member Kiely William's makes MY LIFE with this 3.58 of pure amazingness. Me and my friends were OBSESSED with this last Summer. "I hope he used a rubber, or I'm gonna be in trouble" -

I still can't work out whether the woman behind Kiely at 2 minutes in is singing along to "Spectacular" or just her own ipod.

I WANT AN ALBUM KIELY.

I've never heard of BARRATT WAUGH but it sounds like he's had a HARD TIME of it

During this time Barratt went on a 100 date nationwide schools tour; appeared with Blue, D Side, Liberty X, Lulu, Fast Food Rockers, Lisa Scott Lee, Blazin' Squad, Sugar Babes, Kim Marsh, Gareth Gates and many others

Last edited:
This was big on Chart Show TV back in the day and absolutely NOWHERE ELSE. The thought process behind it, and the casting of the sleazy greasy-haired love interest in the video I have NEVER UNDERSTOOD -

:D

I was also obsessed with that Kiely Williams record for about a day and a half. Truly mindblowing stuff.

I was also obsessed with that Kiely Williams record for about a day and a half. Truly mindblowing stuff.

The video is just SOMETHING ELSE. :disco: The STRUTTING at the beginning is more "prossy hunts custom" than "walk of shame."

This was big on Chart Show TV back in the day and absolutely NOWHERE ELSE. The thought process behind it, and the casting of the sleazy greasy-haired love interest in the video I have NEVER UNDERSTOOD

Another one I was (forcibly) involved in. Personally, I always felt Fatima P was the star of the show here with her amazing rap. Rebecca Hayes' showcase was one of the funniest I've ever been to. There was no stage, so Rebecca was basically singing in another room. She did Nothing Under This Mink TWICE then sang a karaoke version of 'Chains' by Tina Arena.

The greasy haired Lorenz was already being groomed for stardom by appearing in this video, and later had a TOP 40 HIT with the spectacular, not at all bought in SET ME FREE.

Personally, I always thought his rendition of Turn The Beat Around was the highlight of his career. Unfortunately, his music career was cut short when it was discovered he was a prostitute.

And it's because of all this trivia that I love you RobotBoy.

Isn't there a Rebecca Hayes thread somewhere. She wad such a WHORE on Pop Idol, the bitch thought she was the new HAIFA.

I'm waiting on someone posting the Billiam Beautiful Ones video.

The best thing about Lorenz going top 40 was Radio One having to play it on the chart show. They were LIVID.

And it's because of all this trivia that I love you RobotBoy.

Isn't there a Rebecca Hayes thread somewhere. She wad such a WHORE on Pop Idol, the bitch thought she was the new HAIFA.

It was actually me that uploaded that Rebecca Hayes video to youtube. :D

This won't embed, but threads like this would not be right without some Kelly

Anybody for a bit of Peter Stringfellow's (at the time) slightly ageing girlfriend doing some LIGHT TRANCE. Thought not. Face like a bag of spanners -

Peter Stringfellow DOES make an appearance.

This won't embed, but threads like this would not be right without some Kelly

I love Kelly, and her version of This Time I Know It's For Real, in a completely non-ironic way.

Anybody for a bit of Peter Stringfellow's (at the time) slightly ageing girlfriend doing some LIGHT TRANCE. Thought not. Face like a bag of spanners -

Oh God.

This thread is dragging up all sorts of long forgotten memories.

I got thrown out of Stringfellows at the showcase for this.

If we are talking K Llo it has to be her classic retelling of "Dress You Up" in this thread for me, perhaps the moment Kelly Lorenna finally jumped the shark. The shock twist at the end of the video pretty much rivals Psycho and The Sixth Sense in my mind -

MAke that 4 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom