Israel-Gaza War

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video clips on Twitter are unbelievable. How on earth did Israeli intelligence miss this?
Yes Hamas have attacked and entered Israel with remarkable ease. I mean I'm sure Israel will slaughter many more Palestinians in response. Very humiliating for such a militarised nation.

The number of rockets is astonishing and presumably beyond the capabilities of even the iron dome. Was just speaking to my friend who is visiting his family near TLV. They are all holed up in the basement.

How Netanyahu squares this intelligence catastrophe with his authoritarian domestic policy I will never know. A counter-invasion of Gaza doesn’t seem implausible.

I don't understand what good this could possibly lead to. They must know they can’t win, but they are making it even more impossible for anyone but a hardliner to be Israeli PM. They must be motivated by unimaginable levels of anger, vengeance and raw hatred. God knows what is going to happen with these hostages.

It almost seems like this only makes sense from Hamas’ point of view if they are trying to provoke Israel into some sort of incredibly brutal response with the hope that it will somehow strengthen their position with the international community.

Yes Hamas have attacked and entered Israel with remarkable ease. I mean I'm sure Israel will slaughter many more Palestinians in response. Very humiliating for such a militarised nation.

They already have.

And so much for Hamas being able to claim innocence against the West. Have they even given a reason for this unprecedented onslaught?

Given what Israel does to Gaza under 'normal' circumstances, I can't even begin to imagine what the response to something like this will look like :(

Are they trying to follow their ally’s example and Karabakh the place? But where are they meant to go? Egypt?

They already have.

And so much for Hamas being able to claim innocence against the West. Have they even given a reason for this unprecedented onslaught?
I haven't seen anything to justify the exact actions, beyond years of repression and their resulting desperation.

I'm not sure what opening fire at a rave or kidnapping children is going to achieve, but I guess years of violence and repression from Israel, will be grating to say the least.

I've read that the girl in the back of that pick up truck was identified to be a German citizen visiting that peace music festival in Gaza and a mom of two.

I've read that the girl in the back of that pick up truck was identified to be a German citizen visiting that peace music festival in Gaza and a mom of two.

Did you ever read a thing about the record numbers of Palestinian civilians that were murdered this year by Israel? The record numbers of Palestinian homes demolished? Record number of attacks by Settler groups? The attacks and blockades of Al Aqsa mosque by settlers backed by armed forces? That’s the context here.

Did you ever read a thing about the record numbers of Palestinian civilians that were murdered this year by Israel? The record numbers of Palestinian homes demolished? Record number of attacks by Settler groups? The attacks and blockades of Al Aqsa mosque by settlers backed by armed forces? That’s the context here.
I don't feel any more inclined to excuse the express targeted slaughter, rape and parading of civilians by Hamas than I do the killing of civilians by the IDF or the behaviour of settlers full stop. If anything I think the former tries its hardest to make the rightful Palestinian case as unsympathetic as possible.

I don't feel any more inclined to excuse the express targeted slaughter, rape and parading of civilians by Hamas than I do the killing of civilians by the IDF or the behaviour of settlers full stop. If anything I think the former tries its hardest to make the rightful Palestinian case as unsympathetic as possible.

There is a coloniser and there is the colonised. This is really as simple as that. Both sides-ing this stuff, when we have no skin in the game and no experience of the Palestinian reality, is off the mark.

They already have.

Probably the years of bullying by Israel. The IDF kidnaps and kills Palestinians on a daily basis. Isreal illegally occupies vast amounts of Palestinian territory. (As condemned by the global community)

Just a couple of reasons. 🤷‍♀️

My cousin and his family were hiding in a bunker in southern Israel last night, fortunately they have been able to move to a different area in Israel overnight. They live in the UK (though they're from Israel), they were meant to be on a flight back here today but all flights are cancelled. Can't imagine how you explain to very young children what is going on, I was trying to put myself in his shoes but I'm not sure I can.

Probably the years of bullying by Israel. The IDF kidnaps and kills Palestinians on a daily basis. Isreal illegally occupies vast amounts of Palestinian territory. (As condemned by the global community)

Just a couple of reasons. 🤷‍♀️

I know all of that. I meant why now. It was clearly sudden and given that they’ve always claimed they are not terrorists and it’s the Israeli government who are, this act sort of undoes any good will they might have had in that regard.

you can’t be a victim of oppression if you’re also killing innocent civilians en masse. And they must know they’re putting Palestinians in more danger.

I don't really know enough about Hamas to have a fully informed view. Based on what I've read and heard they're a pretty rogue group representing a repressed people. Obviously the Israeli government are trash.

No one is coming out of it well.

Nearly 1,000 dead in just over 24 hours.

How and who else will this destabilise? Because it doesn't feel like a solitary incident. My geopolitical knowledge is sketchy at best.

The number of rockets is astonishing and presumably beyond the capabilities of even the iron dome. Was just speaking to my friend who is visiting his family near TLV. They are all holed up in the basement.

How Netanyahu squares this intelligence catastrophe with his authoritarian domestic policy I will never know. A counter-invasion of Gaza doesn’t seem implausible.
Is your friend safe love?

Let us not look away. What is happening in Gaza right now - entire neighbourhoods being pulverised, whole families being wiped out - would be receiving blanket and condemnation if it was happening anywhere else.

Those victims would be given faces and names if they weren’t brown. They wouldn’t be talked about as human animals or collateral, or inspired by centuries of bloodlust. They wouldn’t be expected to adopt a perfect, non-violent resistance (unlike other colonised people), or to wait for a diplomatic solution, or to endure or even concede to the occupation. They wouldn’t be punished with the threats to cut aid for the actions of groups they’re not responsible for. They wouldn’t always be forced to first condemn the lives lost on the other side before they can speak of their own suffering, whilst others can hide behind the ‘right to defend itself’. It’s all so grotesque. The West is morally bankrupt.

Last edited:
Let us not look away. What is happening in Gaza right now - entire neighbourhoods being pulverised, whole families being wiped out - would be receiving blanket and condemnation if it was happening anywhere else.

Those victims would be given faces and names if they weren’t brown. They wouldn’t be talked about as human animals or collateral, or inspired by centuries of bloodlust. They wouldn’t be expected to adopt a perfect, non-violent resistance (unlike other colonised people), or to wait for a diplomatic solution, or to endure or even concede to the occupation. They wouldn’t be punished with the threats to cut for the actions of groups they’re not responsible for. They wouldn’t always be forced to first condemn the lives lost on the other side before they can speak of their own suffering, whilst others can hide behind the ‘right to defend itself’. It’s all so grotesque. The West is morally bankrupt.

Its infuriating me the platitudes pouring for Israel as they turn off WATER to a penned in region with no route of escape. Its fucking barbaric, but let's fly am Israeli flag and light up our buildings blue. 😤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom