Israel-Gaza War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is disputing that Hamas exists and they are bad, god knows it feels like we have to keep reiterating that as we try and stand up for Gazan civilians.

I will ask you something though. Even if all of the death tolls are wrong, and Israel are only targeting Hamas in Gaza - why are they also striking the West Bank, which is under the control of the Palestinian Authority (NOT Hamas)? Why are Israeli settlers marching there with assault weapons?

The way @Voodoo feels compelled to share information about Hamas using human shields.

WOW THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION I MIGHT HAVE TO RETHINK MY STANCE ON THE ISRAELI GOVERNMENT

Reactions: COB
It should stop only when Gaza is freed from Hamas.

Imagine weeping for the deaths of the innocent Israelis who died, and then in the same breath saying something as barbaric as this.

But of course I’m the one succumbing to propaganda. I must cancel my subscription to Hamas Weekly.

No. It is very much the reality. Let’s not pretend Hamas is an outlier. It has popular support among Palestinians.

A large portion of people in Northern Ireland - and Scotland and Wales for that matter - don’t believe in the concept of a United Kingdom.

Should Westminster go and carpet bomb the hospitals of Belfast and Glasgow?

Oh you're right, they all deserve to die then.

:manson:
Oh you're right, Israel should just do nothing and wait for the next attack from Hamas. It shouldn't defend its citizens. Jewish lives don't matter after all.

A large portion of people in Northern Ireland - and Scotland and Wales for that matter - don’t believe in the concept of a United Kingdom.

Should Westminster go and carpet bomb the hospitals of Belfast and Glasgow?
Are they using those hospitals to hide terrorists and launch rockets on cities in England though?

Oh you're right, Israel should just do nothing and wait for the next attack from Hamas. It shouldn't defend its citizens. Jewish lives don't matter after all.

A proportional response is one of the key components of the UN charter. Something that Israel has completely ignored and is protected in doing so by the UK and the US. They are telling the rest of the world that we created this charter and we’ll bend the rules if we want to.

If you can’t see the danger in that for the future generations and the potential of other wars around the world, then I’m not sure what else to say.

Defending a country is not a black and white situation. It’s not either do nothing or kill everyone. Someone should tell Netenyahu this.

Hmmm... When England bombed Dresden and killed tens of thousands of Germans, was it a "proportional response"?

The UN charter was created 6 months after WW2 ended.

Semantics aside, this isn’t WW2. It’s Israel responding to an isolated terrorist incident.

What fucking difference does that make? :DAF:
It makes a hell of a lot of difference. Using hospitals as terror bases isn't allowed by Geneva Convention. It is a WAR CRIME.

image.jpg

I've reported this post. Don't you fucking dare accuse me of racism you absolute disgrace.

Hamas doesn’t have to and won’t ever follow the Geneva convention. Nobody recognises them as an independent state so Israel isn’t at war with an individual state, government or nation.

The UN charter was created 6 months after WW2 ended.

Semantics aside, this isn’t WW2. It’s Israel responding to an isolated terrorist incident.
1400 Israelis killed (and 240 kidnapped) in ONE DAY isn't an "isolated terrorist incident".

If the UK was under such an attack, I'm sure all of you would be singing different tunes.

1400 Israelis killed (and 240 kidnapped) in ONE DAY isn't an "isolated terrorist incident".

If the UK was under such an attack, I'm sure all of you would be singing different tunes.

Yes it is.

No I wouldn’t.

9/11 was an isolated terrorist incident. America did some terrible things in the years afterwards but nothing as concentrated as this.

Thousands of them are being killed IN FRONT OF ALL OUR EYES and you're coming up with reasons why that's okay!

Thousands of them are being killed IN FRONT OF ALL OUR EYES and you're coming up with reasons why that's okay!
239 men, women, elderlies, children and babies are still being held hostage by Hamas and you're coming up with ~reasons~ why Israel should stop attacking Hamas.

Well maybe that's another reason Israel shouldn't have immediately started carpet bombing Gaza? A lot of the hostages have probably been killed in airstrikes by now, tragically.

Voodoo you’re posting things we’ve all seen before. We’re not rifling through pro Palestine Reddit threads all night long desperate to be right. I wish to fucking God none of it was true.

Let me save you the bother: we’ve all seen the narrative on both sides. I’m no less interested in saving the lives of children than I was yesterday or will be tomorrow. I don’t care where they live or what God they pray to.

• Care
Passions are very clearly running high here and we are getting multiple complaints about this thread and the conduct of members on both sides of the debate.

I must remind all users to be respectful of other posters, whether or not you agree with their viewpoints.

There are no good outcomes to be had whilst tensions are running high. I am locking this thread for a temporary period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom