Italian Election 2022

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Not normally a country I'd look to for interest in their leadership choice, but there's a proper dangerous cunt in the mix this time and will feasibly win. Giorgia Meloni is the leader of Brothers of Italy and is as far right as you can get. Anti-immigration, anti-trans, anti-gay (she wants to make gay families illegal) and she does things like post videos of rapes on Twitter and praise Nazis.

• Angry
Reactions: LTZ
This is so depressing but thankfully Italy will stay as messy as ever and hopefully Meloni’s government will fall apart in a year or so.

The good thing is that she seems to tone down the anti-EU, anti-Russian sanctions rhetoric now that it’s looking certain that she’s winning.

Just a year ago it was all going so well, they won the Euro and Eurovision and they had Super Mario Draghi to fix their economy. Now Draghi is gone and they didn’t even qualify to play in the World Cup. :poo:

Last edited:
The Italian right are dreadful. I can't fathom why a horror show coalition of Meloni, Salvini and Berlusconi could possibly appeal to so many.

Ah I saw her speech on the news the other day.🤮 Everything is so depressing right now.

• Sad
There’s a remix of her infamous hate speech from a while ago, I should use it for ASFM Halloween

• Angry
Not normally a country I'd look to for interest in their leadership choice, but there's a proper dangerous cunt in the mix this time and will feasibly win. Giorgia Meloni is the leader of Brothers of Italy and is as far right as you can get. Anti-immigration, anti-trans, anti-gay (she wants to make gay families illegal) and she does things like post videos of rapes on Twitter and praise Nazis.
Cunt is the right word. I was unaware of her to be honest until Skin from Skunk Anansie put up a post warning about her.

None of this would have happened if they got the sun to work in Turin.

Apparently, she really resents being compared to Mussolini, so we should all be careful not to do that. :)

I guess this is what happens when a country doesn't have to face up to its fascist past. :(

It's frightening that she'll get to lead a government when her party are only expected to win 22-26% of the vote.

It's one of the factors although the energy crisis is probably the main issue right now.

Draghi's unity government fell because the 5 Star Movement wouldn't provide support to pass his post-Covid recovery budget. This was mainly due to disagreements about funding to address energy prices amongst other things. Meloni's Brothers of Italy party was one of the few that didn't enter into the government so she's been able to present them as the real opposition who can bring change, and herself as the STRONG CATHOLIC WOMAN who will sort everything out.

Italy has had 70 different governments in 77 years, so hopefully this majority will collapse in a year or two and be replaced by something else (hopefully something better).

A key contender if we ever add an 'Italian fascists' section to the moop-emojis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom