Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

Jark

User
Her new album is FINISHED and is apparently entirely in the disco/house vein of the singles released so far.

New single Spotlight coming Friday 27th, supposedly a more chill number a la Adore You. Can't fucking wait!

I want to like the new stuff so much but nothing has really clicked with me yet. :(

I like what I´ve heard of the most recent singles so I´m on board so far!

I loved the first two albums. The last one, not so much.

I'm ready for Jessie does Disco.

She really is a treat. We don't deserve her.

single cover

3000x3000-000000-80-0-0.jpg

album tracklist

Tracklist:
01. Spotlight
02. What's Your Pleasure?
03. Ooh La La
04. Soul Control
05. Save A Kiss
06. Adore You
07. In Your Eyes
08. Step Into My Life
09. Read My Lips
10. Mirage (Don't Stop)
11. The Kill
12. Remember Where You Are

WHERE IS OVERTIME

Spotlight is THE ONE, literal Queen of SULTRY DISCO. The new material is so so strong, so glad that the criminally underrated Imagine It Was Us is the blueprint.

I was SCREAMING at Dame Lennie saying on the podcast this week that finally she’s stopped releasing boring music :D

single cover

3000x3000-000000-80-0-0.jpg

album tracklist

Tracklist:
01. Spotlight
02. What's Your Pleasure?
03. Ooh La La
04. Soul Control
05. Save A Kiss
06. Adore You
07. In Your Eyes
08. Step Into My Life
09. Read My Lips
10. Mirage (Don't Stop)
11. The Kill
12. Remember Where You Are

WHERE IS OVERTIME

This all looks quite fabulous but the lack of Overtime is a shame, especially as the other singles from last year made the cut. Stray unloved singles make me sad. :(

well, it's official: spotlight is everything. from the understated melodrama of the opening salvo, the chic-aping backing track, her smooth smooth smooth vocals, the lyrics. literally everything.

can't keep the sun from rising
can't keep the air we're breathing
can't stop your heart from leaving

*.* :'( *.* :'( *.*

Last edited:
Spotlight hits hard, what a song :disco:

i played it twice last night. so so good. i can't believe the album isn't out until june! what do they think will happen until then? the video is at a dismal 50k.

she's like a modern day sade but without the success.

It had a decent enough start of 165k on Spotify. Nobody watches videos anymore if you're not A-list.

Spotlight is everything it should be, both song and video. This kind of sophistidisco is absolutely the perfect direction for her. It would be nice if a bit more commercial and critical success came back her way but at least she is bringing the finest goods and enjoying her music too.

This really is a killer tune

it almost belongs in music for gayers :disco:

Very nice to see the Moopy lot still living for Jessie. Mirage was one of my favourites last year and this new single is one of her best yet. She just never stops giving :disco:

I lost track of Jessie a bit after her first album (which I loved) but this really deserves to be a Moopy favourite (which is inevitably roundly ignored by the world at large).

@Sheena @lolly and the rest of the :disco: lovers should definitely give it a spin.

I have done. Sorry to say it, but I find it slightly underwhelming. I was holding off commenting in the hope it may grow and then I could loon along with the rest of moopy.

my favourites, apart from the already mentioned sweet talk mix by cyril hahn is the ewan pearson mix of no to love and the disclosure mix of running.

why was there ever no remixes to imagine it was us? it's her original club anthem ffs :oi:

this one is kinda decent and faithful to the original and gives it a bit more room for mixing but it's not officialé.

first remix of Spotlight is out and it's an instant classic

i don't think this one is official but it's almost amazing.

Not crazy on "Ooh La La". A cute but forgettable 80s pastiche. Very bonus track-y. "Spotlight" remains my song of the year so far, but this one has lowered my expectations for the album a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom