Junior Eurovision 2023

Oh I like that!

Not sure about that little dance routine though :ToneNervous:

Coming to a sauna near you SOON

Last edited:
I guess it's nice to know that the BBC can bungle the selection of an entry for Junior Eurovision, just like they do for the real contest.

I don't think it's a vintage Junior year so I'll take that.

With just Armenia and Ireland left to drop, I think it'll be France again. See you next year in Lyon.

Actually quite a decent little song, that. Stand Uniquthree have all the ingredients to truly butcher that song live, so I look forward to totally ignoring the contest and checking on Wikipedia a few weeks after the fact to see who won.

I don't think it's a vintage Junior year so I'll take that.

With just Armenia and Ireland left to drop, I think it'll be France again. See you next year in Lyon.

Oh no, this is shite. Surely standards aren't that bad that something like this could emerge triumphant from the Junior noncery dancerie?

@ButterTart how does the Dutch entry take your fancy?

Honestly I've listened to them all and SOMETHING has to win! This Dutch one is one of only two with male involvement, if all the girls are going to cancel out.

Ireland continue to be much better at Junior than the main Contest.

:D at the cameo at the end.

I hope the handful of you not subject to restraining orders are excited about this afternoon’s extravaganza!

I’ll be watching. Some of the build-up articles are making the quality sound quite impressive, but I haven’t heard any of the songs (apart from the UK) so am ready to be generally underwhelmed.

I do like the UK song - it’s very cute and they seem to perform it well based on that clip. Not sure it will score well though.

I do like the UK song - it’s very cute and they seem to perform it well based on that clip. Not sure it will score well though.
I've heard wild rumours that we're one of the favourites to win. I assume these must be incorrect because even typing that in the context of Eurovision felt weird and obscene.

I ignored most of the recap, but voted for UK, Armenia and the last song, Netherlands.

Thank you EBU for letting me vote, for my own country, based on rehearsal clips.

Respect to Malta for including a key change one minute into the song. Shame about the rest of it.

Once again Ireland sending a much better song to Junior than to the real thing.

Why RTÉ don’t just take TG4’s idea and go down this route of least resistance for the adult contest I don’t know :D the Maltese one was just as tuneless as 95% of the songs in their adult national final

1701012575264.png

Is that Irish girl from last year popping up at the end on stage? I knew she was in the video but didn’t realise she planned on crashing the actual performance.

I really like the UK song until it gets to the awkward dance break

Estonia waited 20 years to enter, I’m not sure it was worth bothering for that

I was going to complain about how every other country seems to just send a girl wailing over a tuneless ballad and then I remembered that formula has actually won in the past :zombie: I refuse to believe actual children listen to music like that out of choice

This thing from Georgia.

UK probably the best so far

It's okay I think they mean it's a bit like Neka Mi Ne Svane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom