Kathy Griffin post-Trump thread

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
Playing Dublin, London and Edinburgh as part of her "Laugh Your Head Off" tour. Presale now on, ticketmaster password 'headsup'

v7vFGsQF_400x400.jpg

Seems like she's been smart and realised UK/Europe doesn't care about things the US press like to dwell on and categorise as "career ending". This is what Janet Jackson should have done in 2004.

Seems like she's been smart and realised UK/Europe doesn't care about things the US press like to dwell on and categorise as "career ending". This is what Janet Jackson should have done in 2004.

It might be that she actually CAN'T tour the USA at the moment because of what happened - I think venue organisers are too nervous to have her.

I really wish she hadn't apologised.

I think that's the case, yeah. Death threats to the venues and so on.

Kathy becoming a local star after claiming asylum for single-handedly bringing down Drumpf would be the stuff of dreams.

I honestly think this is gonna wind up being a great thing for her - and I hope to see less Real Housewives chat, and more back to what she used to do. I hope there's a whole segment on the snakey Anderson "well she's not MY friend" Cooper.

I just read an interview where she said she told Anderson Cooper to take a running jump :disco:

She loves to work and this is really the only option for her at the moment. She can't tour the US so she may as well go to Europe/Australia/NZ.

It could be the saving of her - she is smart enough to understand that the UK will not care about US reality TV.

She can resharpen her act and then in about a year do her US comeback.

The presenter's face when Kathy says "no, you're full of crap" :D

This is how she should have been straight away after. The outrage would have been the same either way.

So after this happened yesterday

Kathy is burning the house

That's two long videos to sit through. Should I give a shit?

Kathy is fresh out of fucks. I’m actually quite scared for her, I know she’s not a huge player in Hollywood but I reckon because of that people have overlooked her and she probably does have quite a lot of dirt on people.

I'm astonished that it has turned out that a bunch of toxic LA media queens in fact are cunts. Just come to the UK and become the new David Gest already.

I saw her last night, and the extent of what she's been through so far is ASTONISHING. She was still utterly hilarious though - I won't spoil any of the stories, but although most of the show is about the Trump controversy, there's still some old fashioned celeb stuff in there which is as funny as ever

Just been to see her in Dublin. Typically fab show with a very concerning ending: after over two hours onstage, she was about to launch into a Mariah story when she paused and called to her boyfriend “Randy, I’m going down”. He came onstage, she said “I’ll be right back”, and he brought her off. Five or so minutes later they came back on (to a standing ovation) and she said she had to end the show there, that she’d never done that before and she was sorry. She could barely stand and almost collapsed onto her boyfriend. :o

(SO MARILYN. What’s the Mariah story?)

She made it, guys

Last edited:
Just been to see her in Dublin. Typically fab show with a very concerning ending: after over two hours onstage, she was about to launch into a Mariah story when she paused and called to her boyfriend “Randy, I’m going down”. He came onstage, she said “I’ll be right back”, and he brought her off. Five or so minutes later they came back on (to a standing ovation) and she said she had to end the show there, that she’d never done that before and she was sorry. She could barely stand and almost collapsed onto her boyfriend. :o

(SO MARILYN. What’s the Mariah story?)

The humour was mostly in her physical impersonation of Mariah so it won't seem as funny written out, but basically Kathy was there for her infamous NYE perf and said that Mariah was in such high heels that she had to be helped to the stage old-lady style, then could barely make it to the microphone in time to start lip syncing at the right moment - then after the disaster she hobbled off, and as soon as she was out of the view of the audience, took off her heels and dramatically threw them in a fit of rage

I saw her in Dublin tonight too.
I really wanted to hear the Mariah story but after an over 2 hour show I guess it was almost over at that point.
Great show.
She looks really frail though.
Eat something woman.

This is my favourite of the many glorious comeback interviews.

"I kept running into Republicans who were trying to kill me and they were like 'what are you doing here!?"

She's releasing a documentary about the fallout from the Trump head scandal. This is a pretty good interview and thankfully she looks much healthier these days.

Oh wow, poor woman. Sounds like they caught it early so fingers crossed.

Reactions: dUb
Gosh, her voice in this clip. :( She does say it'll come back though.

I’m glad her spirit is still going strong.

Awww.

She popped up on season 2 of the derivative series You.

I genuinely loved the D-List and would hope she considers bringing it back (she does own it now I believe).

I love Kathy but I took like a decade off from her without really meaning to (one minute it's 2008 and you're illegally downloading My Life On The D-List, and then suddenly it's NOW) so had entirely missed the cancer/new voice until I came across this interview from last week -

She's still great :disco:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom