Kim Wilde: Closer (New album and tour)

Sheena

ROMANCE
Seems she’s announced some dates in March 2025 in which she appears to be playing the whole of Close and is also releasing a new album called Closer.

GET THAT RSD PROMO, BITCH :disco:

Here for a new album and tour. I Google News’d her to see if it is reworking of the original album or new stuff and I had a split second fear when the first search result came up:

IMG_3883.jpeg

‘Closer’ is new material. I feared it may be acoustic reimaginings of ‘Close’. Had a quick glance at tour dates, I’m most likely to consider Liverpool.

Didn’t she recently say that she was going to do stuff with the unreleased album? Hopefully it’s that.

CLOSE RANK:

1. Never Trust A Stranger
2. You Came
3. Stone
4. Love In The Natural Way
5. Hey Mister Heartache
6. You'll Be The One Who'll Lose
7. Four Letter Word
8. European Soul
(Wotcha Gonna Do)
9. Love's A No
10.Lucky Guy

I think I'll try for Bristol. Seems daft not to.

Well let me know if you decide to and want me to get tickets - if it's just that link above at 10am I can do that tomorrow.

Well let me know if you decide to and want me to get tickets - if it's just that link above at 10am I can do that tomorrow.

Actually, yes, I would. It’ll be smaller and more intimate and will annoy me less travelling that way.

Sorry @Kate :(

Oh well! I’ll find some other gays to scream NEVER TRUST A STRANGER WITH YOUR HEEEEAAAAAAARRT at ❤️

Last edited:
Got my London one but wasn’t expecting it to be seated! I suppose her fans are getting on a bit.

Got my London one but wasn’t expecting it to be seated! I suppose her fans are getting on a bit.
You'll be younger than the average age, which I strongly expect to be around 60, here at least. I've been to loads of 80s act tours here and the average age is always Mr L's age.

From my experience, Kim's audience tends to be around my age. Her festival circuit work seems to attract younger people- at Mighty Hoopla, she was a bit of a surprise highlight for many and I'm sure a lot of people would go and see her off the back of that.

The best thing about that venue is you can just stand at the back by the bar and still see everything. :disco:

From my experience, Kim's audience tends to be around my age. Her festival circuit work seems to attract younger people- at Mighty Hoopla, she was a bit of a surprise highlight for many and I'm sure a lot of people would go and see her off the back of that.
I'll be PISSED OFF if the average age is YOUNGER than me. One of the things I like MOST about going to 80s act concerts is feeling relatively young :D

Even for SEB I was average age - admittedly her Kitchen Disco shenanigans may skew her demographic, but I'd be really surprised if Kim drew an audience younger than hers here.

The best thing about that venue is you can just stand at the back by the bar and still see everything. :disco:
I'll see if that's where the cool kids are hanging out then!

I've been there once before to see The Fall... just checked my email and it was 2011. UGH WHERE DOES THE TIME GO

Will try for Glasgow later. I'll be solo. She is immense live: totally in her element and the back cat really does sound envigorated.

CLOSE RANK:

1. Never Trust A Stranger
2. You Came
3. Stone
4. Love In The Natural Way
5. Hey Mister Heartache
6. You'll Be The One Who'll Lose
7. Four Letter Word
8. European Soul
(Wotcha Gonna Do)
9. Love's A No
10.Lucky Guy
1. Never Trust a Stranger
2. You Came
3. Four Letter Word
4. Stone
5. Hey Mister Heartache
6. European Soul
7. Love's a No
8. Love in the Natural Way
9. You'll Be the One Who'll Lose
10. Lucky Guy

1. Never Trust a Stranger
2. You Came
3. Four Letter Word
4. Stone
5. Hey Mister Heartache
6. European Soul
7. Love's a No
8. Love in the Natural Way
9. You'll Be the One Who'll Lose
10. Lucky Guy

My play last night suggested I did Love’s a No a bit of a disservice.

Though everything is TOP NOTCH, so it REALLY DOESN’T MATTER.

@Kate - are you a general Kim fan or just Close?

I feel like I should have known more about this previously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom