Kings & Queens of England SURVIVOR (Part 1/?)

Vote for your favourites

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
Too soon? :(

Join me in blowing the cobwebs off the history forum, and let's discover Moopy's favourite monarch* of England** and/or Britain from the Norman conquest*** to today.

Are you a fully paid up member of the Richard III society? Maybe you're mad fer a bit of George III? Or is Queen Anne your Favourite (2018, dir. Yorgos Lanthimos)? Vote for the ones you like best in the first round, so we can have a nice, manageable list without any men on it in time for round 2****.

Not got your Kings & Queens of England ruler to hand? Here's a helpful reminder of who's who:

* Some may be disputed, but we needed more girlbosses.
** Apologies to fans of Mary Queen of Scots, Robert the Bruce and Nicola Sturgeon but at the end of the day, ENGERLAND ENGERLAND ENGERLAND.
*** Not to be a Cnut about it, but there's already too many to be getting on with without throwing in Aethelfred the Unwieldy et al.
**** I reserve the right to not follow up on this when @Ag and I are the only ones who vote xx

How am I meant to know? If it isn't Mazza Queen of Scots then WHAT'S THE POINT

• Sad
Reactions: GNL
Why only post 1066? Justice for Alfred the Great, King Canute, Ethelred the Unready, Edward the Confessor and Harold the Second Place at the Battle of Hastings.

Voted for the Queens and suspected Queens, as is my duty.

I didn't know James VI was a suspected gay! No wonder our national animal is a unicorn.

Why only post 1066? Justice for Alfred the Great, King Canute, Ethelred the Unready, Edward the Confessor and Harold the Second Place at the Battle of Hastings.

I just couldn't be bothered googling how to do the AE symbol on my laptop tbh.

Voted for the Queens and suspected Queens, as is my duty.

I didn't know James VI was a suspected gay! No wonder our national animal is a unicorn.
So gay that when he appeared in Doctor Who, they had to get ALAN CUMMING to play him :disco:

Well done gays in supporting any mad old woman no matter how ROPEY they are, and in spite of their VERY LIMITED SUCCESS.

I’m enjoying @Indie‘s votes for the York kings from the Wars of the Roses and no one else.

I know it's early and things will likely change, but what a nice CONFIDENCE BOOST it must be for Lady Jane Grey to be leading this so far. Delighted for her.

Don't close this yet, still doing research. Don't want to vote for anyone who'd be cancelled today.

Henry I apparently didn't "agree with pronouns" for example 😤

Don't close this yet, still doing research. Don't want to vote for anyone who'd be cancelled today.

Henry I apparently didn't "agree with pronouns" for example 😤

You have until *Sunday 11 at 10:11 PM* to decide on your unproblematic faves.

Oh crap I was voting for the ones I wanted to LEAVE. (I just voted for all the boring Georges & Edwards)

Let me recalibrate.

Charles II was basically the Boris Johnson of his day by all accounts.

That said, I didn't have to live through him and he seems to have been quite fun so I threw him a vote. Better than his useless (and, ultimately, headless) dad anyway...

Henry VIII was basically an utter cunt too. Imagine a really vile reality competition contestant, but got away with because they gave so much content.

The Helen Wood of monarchs.

@Finn

KING JOHN?

He was the fucking WORST.

Yes but he inspired some GREAT ART. Basically all of Robin Hood, and a Shakespeare play I've never seen.

Without King John we'd never have got this Queen:

e5d0c3629ea64acbfcefe66335364ed350034edfr1-350-350v2_hq.jpg

Or this nice 16-weeks-at-number-1 ballad for mums:

Nor would we have the MAGNA CARTA, one of the world's most famous ever documents, entirely inspired by what a cunt he was. Talk about impact. Have a point in Moopy Survivor round one, King John

Feels like quite an indictment of W.E that on a forum of Madonna loons nobody has voted for Edward VIII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom