Kings & Queens of England SURVIVOR (Part 5)

Vote to AXE your LEAST FAVOURITE Kings or Queens

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
Down to our final VII Kings and Queens. Who goes next? Vote for your LEAST FAVES, but first let's reflect on the King and Queens who just scraped into our top ten. It's an EARLY MODERN MASSACRE :(

10. James VI

James had been King of Scotland since he was a WEE BAIRN, when his mum Mary was forced to evacuate the throne, but he took over in England when her cousin Elizabeth I popped her clogs. He published the first authorised bible in English, and was famously very, very afraid of witches. He needn't have worried about witches because it was Guy Fawkes and his Catholic pals who were hoping to blow him SKY HIGH.

=8. Mary I

Very much the Dannii to Elizabeth I's Kylie. Mary I had to fight to become the first officially crowned Queen of England, and then she had to fight to marry the man she loved - her cousin Phil. It all went downhill from there. She very publicly suffered some humiliating false pregnancies, her husband abandoned her, and she lost the last little section of English land in France. She is best remembered today for doing some light religious persecution.

=8. Lady Jane Grey

Lady Jane Grey was installed on the throne in part because her father-in-law was her sickly cousin King Edward VI's chief advisor. Bookish and shy, she didn't really want to be Queen, but she did make the POWER MOVE of refusing to make her husband King during her five minutes in charge. Then she was deposed and beheaded by Mary who had a much better claim than her. Poor Jane.

Last edited:
Can't believe people r voting for PRIME HUNK Charli 2. I mean I'd take whole arm for him. He was also the boy in question in the song "The Boy is Mine", originally by Nell Gwyn and Moll Davies. A sultry banger if ever there was one. He met Nell in a coffee shop. Casual King.

1280px-King_Charles_II_by_John_Michael_Wright_or_studio.jpg

Henry V is right at the top of any list of kings you would want to go for a pint with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom