Lady Gaga - DAWN OF CHROMATICA (Remix Album - DEFINITELY OUT FRIDAY)

I'd love it if the whole thing was a continuous, one-hour slowed down, chopped 'n' screwed post-vaporwave collage.

Reactions: COB
In anticipation, my updated Chromatica rank / rate
  1. Babylon (16)
  2. Chromatica II / 911 (11)
  3. Free Woman (10)
  4. Rain On Me (10)
  5. Chromatica I / Alice (10)
  6. Enigma (10)
  7. Chromatica III / Sine From Above (10)
  8. Stupid Love (10)
  9. Fun Tonight (9)
  10. Love Me Right (9)
  11. 1000 Doves (8)
  12. Replay (8)
  13. Sour Candy (6)
  14. Plastic Doll (3)
here for this system. here's the Jarkette take

01 Free Woman (11)
02 Babylon (10)
03 Stupid Love (10)
04 Chromatica II / 911 (10)
05 Rain On Me (10)
06 Replay (09)
07 Plastic Doll (09)
08 Enigma (09)
09 Fun Tonight (08.5)
10 Alice (08.5)
11 Sine From Above (08.5)
12 1000 Doves (07.5)
13 Sour Candy (07)

still a superb pop record. does it possess the towering highs of Future Nostalgia, or the attention to detail and genre-referential excellence of What's Your Pleasure? no. is it her masterpiece? also no.

but it's extremely solid front to back, listenable without skips, has plenty of monster hooks, sensational VOX, and a sense of variety and propulsion that keeps things moving at a very rapid pace. it's almost over too soon.

in short, maybe not wanted people wanted, perhaps also not what Gaga herself wanted, but I've used and abused and will continue to do so.

with Chromatica: The Remix, out Friday August 27th.

Reactions: RJN
i mean, it's amazing. but as i always say, she tinkers too much with her work. judging from some of the demos, there is an edgier, more sonically interesting, potentially more thrilling (omg, is that even PoSsIbLe?!) album out there.

i mean, it's amazing. but as i always say, she tinkers too much with her work. judging from some of the demos, there is an edgier, more sonically interesting, potentially more thrilling (omg, is that even PoSsIbLe?!) album out there.
I think this is mostly the fault of BloodPop. from what we know it sounds like she turned up to guide the songwriting and then mostly let the producers shape the sound of the album. it was definitely going in one direction, but BloodPop kept bringing more people into the studio. too many cooks etc.

in the final mixes you can barely hear the 90s house references they claimed were a huge influence, for example.

I think this is mostly the fault of BloodPop. from what we know it sounds like she turned up to guide the songwriting and then mostly let the producers shape the sound of the album. it was definitely going in one direction, but BloodPop kept bringing more people into the studio. too many cooks etc.

in the final mixes you can barely hear the 90s house references they claimed were a huge influence, for example.

Yeah, I agree. I think it's quite a telling sign that BloodPop talked about having to study 90s dance and house in order to incorporate the references. Clearly the other producers had a better idea of what they were doing. It's like he smoothed out all the edges.

Bloodpop does not know when this will be released.

Uwni.gif

I do. :disco: coming 27th August... on Chromatica.

unfortunately you sorry bunch of Earthlings do not know how many hours, days or weeks we are behind CHR time.

01 Alice (LSDXOXO remix)
02 Stupid Love (Coucou Chloe remix)
03 Rain On Me (Arca remix)
04 Free Woman (Rina Sawayama + Clarence Clarity remix)
05 911 (Charli XCX + AG Cook remix)
06 Fun Tonight (Pabllo Vittar remix)
07 Plastic Doll (Ashnikko remix)
08 Sour Candy (Shygirl + Mura Masa remix)
09 Enigma (Doss remix)
10 Replay (Dorian Electra remix)
11 Sine From Above (Chester Lockhart, Moodkiller + Lil Texas remix)
12 1000 Doves (Planningtorock remix)
13 Babylon (Bree Runway + Jimmy Edgar remix)
14 Babylon (Haus Labs version)

this tracklist is such a @COB / @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA wet dream!

• Love
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom