Lady Gaga - DAWN OF CHROMATICA (Remix Album - DEFINITELY OUT FRIDAY)

The remix is album is actually everything I hoped it would be. WHIG (wig but posh) :disco:
AND WHAT A WHIG

John_Somers,_Baron_Somers_by_Sir_Godfrey_Kneller,_Bt_lowres_color.jpg

well to be fair it was CLEARLY SHIT from the VERY BEGINNING and all these cigs were out here DEMANDING IT ANYWAY.

now they got it and they're ACTING SURPRISED that it doesn't RING THEIR BELL like Vogue 2.0.

I hate gay culture!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think...I'm...enjoying...Sine from Above in this incarnation. Well at least until the ending happened.

08 Alice - LSDXOXO remix
enjoying the SERIOUS N' MOODY VIBES of this as an opener. it goes hard but it says: don't lose your shit yet, bitch.

Free Woman is that girl we knew she was

It's such a good song à la base. Now feed us with the acoustic stripped-back Joanne piano cuntry version we didn't know we've been needing.

06 Alice (LSDXOXO remix)
07 Stupid Love (Coucou Chloe remix)
08 Rain On Me (Arca remix)
10 Free Woman (Rina Sawayama + Clarence Clarity remix)
12 911 (Charli XCX + AG Cook remix)
09 Fun Tonight (Pabllo Vittar remix)
10 Plastic Doll (Ashnikko remix)
10 Sour Candy (Shygirl + Mura Masa remix)
09 Enigma (Doss remix)
12 Replay (Dorian Electra remix)
:disco:12455:disco: Sine From Above (Chester Lockhart, Moodkiller + Lil Texas remix)
08 1000 Doves (Planningtorock remix)
10 Babylon (Bree Runway + Jimmy Edgar remix)
08 Babylon (Haus Labs version)

Fun Tonight. Well, I didn't know she could make it sound more basic. But the girls leaned in on its core DNA. Maybe the Brazilian girls like that sort of thing.

07 Stupid Love - COUCOU CHLOE remix
I was just trying to decide how much I like this and then it finished. it seemed a bit non-essential but the chorus had a burst of synth that I quite enjoted.

09 Rain On Me - Arca remix
well fuck! this is so dreamy! glitch pop but make it feel like a headache pill instead of the headache itself. I don't know Arca at all really but she did a killer job here.

911 really is the biggest surprise of her career. I remember being non-plussed on my first listen, but it's such a grower. And the remix gives it a whole new shimmer. The druggiest thing she's done in years.

09 Free Woman (Rina Sawayama + Clarence Clarity remix)
definitely the closest to the original so far. it's just a touch more pop off-y. Rina's closing adlibs :disco: I'll be returning plenty to this one today.

what the shitting fuck is that remix of Fun Tonight :D :D :D

I think I LOVE IT! that mariachi-by-way-of-Ace of Base beat under the verses?!? OK queen! points were made!

09 Fun Tonight (Pabllo Vittar remix)

09 Rain On Me - Arca remix
well fuck! this is so dreamy! glitch pop but make it feel like a headache pill instead of the headache itself. I don't know Arca at all really but she did a killer job here
This mix samples quite a few of Arca's other songs, most notably the verse samples Time:

A serve in any and all forms :disco:

09 Plastic Doll (Ashnikko remix)
this is some HOT HYPERPOP SHIT. the new additions to the chorus are actually divine.

06.5 Sour Candy (Shygirl + Mura Masa remix)
somehow this manages to be both boring and basic. evidence that the entire song hinges around the sample and without it there's nothing.

I can imagine Alaska lip-synching the house down boots to this version of Sine From Above :D :disco:

08 Enigma (Doss remix)
love Doss and her brand of electro house but the way this remix bounces between straightforward piano house and full on post-EDM breakdown is giving this queen Friday morning WHIPLASH. And yet I think this is the one that could pop off the hardest in the right kind of grimy basement club. maybe suburban Cheshire is the wrong place to sample it :o

Sine From Above (07) sounds like something from one of Charli XCX's demented basement raves that only 25 very obnoxious hipsters have access to. I feel a little violated.

Replay (08) - I think I enjoyed but the 120%-ness of it all did feel a little exhausting.

2 minutes into 1000 Doves and it's so clearly the highlight of this whole thing by an absolute MILE. just BEYOND GORGEOUS. it's very With Every Heartbeat / mid-late 00s Swedish electropop. sounds like cruising a gorgeous wave on a fantastic pill in a room full of the most beautiful people and decor. :disco: 12/10!!!

07 Babylon (Bree Runway remix) - this one kinda passed me by. felt inconsequential.
08 Babylon (Haus Labs) - it's actually not bad! a fun alt version. STUPID GHEYS.

I’m halfway through, and so far the songs I like the least have been improved by the remixes. The remixes of the songs I like most are cute, but not an improvement (of the already perfect songs).

I’m halfway through it now, but OMG at the Free Woman, 911, and Sour Candy remixes. These versions feel definitive

Now that I’ve finished my first listen, the ones I said above, Sine From Above, and 1000 Doves are my faves. It’s all strong and now I want to go somewhere to dance to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom