Luca Guadagnino's Challengers

Finn

User
Pronouns
he/him
This looks FABULOUS and FILTHY (I hope) -

Last edited:
This looks SO BAD but I'll be seated. :D

Will try to to accept tennis being a plot device rather than looking for the wonky serve and forehand technique.

Has Guadagnino made a bad film yet? I haven't seen them all, but Call Me By Your Name, A Bigger Splash and Suspiria are quite fantastic. I wasn't wild about Bones And All, but it had a certain something.

I certainly can't wait to see how this turns out.

GOD this looks UTTERLY INCREDIBLE :disco:

"I take such good care of my little white boys" :D :D :disco:

this will open Venice - very curious for the reviews to find out what calibre of film this is :D I trust Guadagnino though. definitely one of the best filmmakers working today.

finally out in two weeks - reviews dropped yesterday, raves all round with 88 on metacritic :o

Zendaya never not watchable.

I also had the pleasure recently of sharing a gym with Tom Holland who politely waited for me to finish using a cable. I didn’t realise who he was until later (now there’s a short king).

OMG. the score from Reznor and Ross is absolute TITS TO THE WALL TECHNOPOP EXCELLENCE

Oh my this makes this film to a must-see for me.

I see this album is mixed by Boys Noize who is himself responsible for great soundtracks :disco:

I thought this looked like a joke movie but has 96% on Rotten Tomatoes :o

Oh he's Call me By Your Name director... I see.. I SHOULD want to see this as a tennis fan. And I probably will. But I'm oddly not that tempted despite the reviews.

He's made lots of great stuff: Call Me By Your Name (this has got the same cinematographer), Bones And All (I didn't love that, but plenty of people did), A Bigger Splash (amazing), I Am Love, the Suspiria remake (:disco:)...

It sounds like Challengers has got some of that crowd-pleasing outrageousness of Saltburn, and is also completely in love with Josh O'Connor. I can't argue with that as a prospect myself.

Loewe appear to have given up on using the potato from ‘Heartstopper’ in favour of Josh. He’s not without his charms but NO

577EC916-0DC1-402F-8E71-5F7759A2CDA2.jpeg

is it just me that thinks sexy mysterious MIKE FAIST is giving more than Josh O'connor? with the blonde hair in the film... he could faist me any day

I mean who the fuck is he? where has he come from? how can somebody be so average as a brunette and so cute as a blonde?

If I am ever famous I want to be dressed EXCLUSIVELY by @Lucille

'Oh i'm sorry, Luce, I thought you were an ASSAILANT'

I really wasn’t expecting anything from this going in but quite possibly film of the year so far.

What a FINE bunch

This was interesting in the sense that the film was telling me how attractive Mike Faist is when in fact I find him to be QUITE THE OPPOSITE

Enjoyed looking at lovely Josh and to a lesser extent Zendaya. Found it a bit silly ultimately though.

And nowhere near enough gay stuff but at least there was a bit

Last edited:
My tennis folks all have taken to this, and they're usually quite HARD to please.

Really looking forward to this.

I really wasn’t expecting anything from this going in but quite possibly film of the year so far.

What a FINE bunch

Same! Had no interest in it and only really went to see it because I couldn't fit in Civil War due to the times, and really really enjoyed it. My favourite thing I've seen this year so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom